three

Calum.

"Are you okay? You've kinda been staring at nothing." the pretty blonde girl said to me as we sat in my car. I figured I needed a little hook up to get me back out there. We were parked in a dark and empty parking lot a few minutes away from campus. 

"O-Oh, sorry. Spaced out." I said with a small smile, grabbing her leg and slowly making my way up. To be honest, I couldn't get my mind off of Andrea. Seeing her at the residence hall parking lot a while ago, at the taco shop, and just literally almost everywhere that's not my own home, drove me insane. 

But knowing that she saw me tonight with another girl made me feel a differnt type of guilt.

Sure, I've been sneaking around behind her back for 2 years. This isn't my first hook up outside of my relationship with her, but it feels different knowing that she actually saw it this time. 

My thoughts get cut off when the pretty blonde girl (I completely forgot her name) climbs on top of me, trying to rip my shirt off. 

This is probably what I need anyway.

-

Andrea.

It's Sunday. Meaning it's time for the weekly family calls from home. I still haven't told them about Calum and I yet and I am dreading it. Knowing my mother, she'd fly all the way out here just to bitch slap the guy.

"Hi, anak! Kamusta ka na? Pag-aaral mo?" my mother chirped as the call went through. 
(Hi, baby! How are you? Your studies?)

"Sakto lang naman, Ma. May project kami ngayon nila Leah at Michael. Natapos naman po kahapon." I replied.
(It's okay, mom. We have a project right now with Leah and Michael. We were able to finish it yesterday.)

"Ah, mabuti 'yan, 'nak. Kayo ng boyfriend mo?" my dad asked, straightening out his glasses to see me better on the little phone screen. 
(Ah, that's good, baby. How are you and your boyfriend?)

Oh, god. Here it comes.

"Um, wala na po kami eh. Hiniwalayan ko po kasi may mga iba na pala siya." I said, terrified of their reactions. I could already see the smoke coming out of my parents' ears. 
(Um, we're not together anymore. I broke up with him because he cheated.)

"Gago 'yan! Lilipad na ako papunta diyan?!" my dad exclaimed over the phone. I knew this would happen. 
(That asshole! Am I flying over there now?!)

"Dad, there's no need for that. I'm a big girl." I said, sending him a soft smile and praying he would buy it. "Well, you know your father. Mahal ka lang niya, 'nak. He just wants you happy." my mother reasoned. 
(....He just loves you, baby.)

After a few more stories of how my uncle bought an automatic Mahjong table and my mom's nail artist got pregnant and quit the salon, the call ended and I was left to my own thoughts again. 

I didn't like how quiet my dorm room was. If this were a week ago, I probably would've been over at Calum's or at least out on a date with him. 

But he's probably with his new little lady friend. 

Tired of drowning in my own thoughts, I decided to head out to the nearest 7-Eleven in hopes of treating myself to some instant cup noodles. I throw on my jacket to spare myself from the chilly October weather. The convenience store wasn't too far a walk. Probably just a song or two. 

I get to the store and dashed to the isle that stores the instant noodles. After scanning the isle and much decision making, I finally settle on which one I want. Just as I go to grab the noodles, a familiar voice calls out, "Andrea?"