four

Andrea.

"Leah, can you please just listen to me? The instructions say red ink, not blue!" Michael argued like a child. "I don't think they care, Michael!" Leah retorted.

I don't know how I survive their bickering.

We're currently working on a group task for Ms. Kistrana's class. We only had a little less than 10 minutes left to finish. All we had to do was write down our answers and we'd be over, but the two decided to argue over the color of the damn pen. "Can you guys just pick one?" I whined.

Leah snatched the paper from Mike's hands and started writing our answers down in blue ink. "I swear to god, we're gonna get deductions for the stupid ink color." Michael pouted, sitting in his seat next to me. "That's okay, Mikey. At least we'll know you're right." I patted his head (he still doesn't find this funny).

"You know, Ashton's been asking when he's going to see us at his shop again. Especially you, Drea." Michael said. This prompted Leah to divert her attention to us. I still hadn't said anything about my spontaeneous hangout at Ashton's place yesterday. I got back home pretty late and didn't have the energy to talk about it with anyone.

Or maybe I just didn't want anyone to know.

"Really now? Especially Andrea, huh?" Leah smirked, raising her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes, "Maybe he just finds me more interesting than you guys. No offense."

"None taken, he's not my type anyway." Leah said, putting her head back down as she continued to finish the groupwork we were all supposed to be doing. I look to Michael, "Don't look at me! He's not my type either!" he said, putting his hands up in surrender.

I open my phone, lowering the brightness of my screen, to see my little exchange with Ashton last night when I went home.

Ashton: I had a great time :) I hope u made it back to urs safely
Andrea: i'm back n in one piece :) thanks for tonight! i really needed it
Ashton: no worries, i'm glad to have spent my binge-watch day with u

I was too pussy to reply to his last text. Genuinely, I had no idea how to respond to that.

"Okay! I'm submitting this whether you approve of the ink color or not, Clifford." Leah said, taking our paper up to Ms. Kistrana. "Seems like Ashton has taken interest you." Michael said. "What?" I jumped up, locking my phone in the process.

"Dude, chill. I'm just saying I know my friend. He does this everytime he likes someone."

"Does what?" I ask, still thinking he saw my text messages with Ashton. "Asks me about a girl." he replied.

Okay, good. He didn't see.

"Oh," I sit back down. "You really think he's interested in me?"

"Oh, for sure. But you also had just gotten out of a relationship so..." he trailed off. He was right. I had just gotten out of a long term relationship! I can't just put myself out there willy-nilly. I need to take some time to heal.

Or maybe I heal with Ashton by my side.

My thoughts were interrupted when the bell rang and Ms. Kistrana dismissed us.

- - -

It was lunch and Michael had gone home because he "felt sick", but we all know he just didn't want to attend the rest of his classes. "I'll just get some food over there." Leah said, putting down her things at the table we found. "Okay, I'll go this way." I replied, pointing in the opposite direction.

I lined up for my food when a familiar voice spoke behind me, "Hey, Andrea."

I look behind me to see my ex's right-hand man, Luke Hemmings. "Luke." I nodded my head, serving a soft smile. "Listen, I'm really sorry to hear what went down with you and Calum."