Andrea

"I'm sorry, you what?!" Leah yelled. I had to put my hand over her mouth before we got a noise complaint. "Shh! Manahimik ka nga!
(Be quiet!)

Once Ashton had walked me to my residence hall, I had to call Leah right away. The woman came running to my dorm after I told her I had news. "You and Ashton kissed? I thought he just took a liking to you. I didn't know it was that deep." 

"I am just as shocked as you are, Ley." I admitted, rubbing my face. "Why does it seem like this is such a problem for you? A hot dude kissed you tonight!"

That last statment earned a slap on the leg from me. "I had just gotten out of something serious, Ley. What the fuck am I supposed to do now?" 

I was trying to keep my morals in check. There is no doubt that I loved Calum with all my heart. I mean, he was the first relationship I had that felt real. I couldn't just abandon the memories in a snap like that. It just felt wrong.

"Andrea, think about this for a second. Calum had let go of you the moment he cheated. How would you moving on to another guy be unfair to him?" Leah reasoned. 

She did have a point. I was never one to hop from one guy to another. Hell, I stayed with a guy for 4 years and believed he was going to be my endgame. Was jumping into things with Ashton really that bad?

"I don't know. My mind's all over the place." I groaned, plopping back down on my bed.

"Hear me out. Give Ashton the chance to at least court you. You know, the old fashioned way." 

I turned to face Leah, who was sitting at my desk across my bed. "You know...that doesn't sound like a bad idea..." I trailed off, starting to give in to the plans made in my best friend's head. "I know, I truly am a genius." 

- - -

It's the next day and I've been anxiously waiting for Ashton to message. It's almost three in the afternoon and he hasn't said a word to me since bringing me home last night. I was starting to worry. 

What if he realized he actually isn't interested? What if I'm just another sidepiece?  What if the kiss was so bad he needed to get away?

I slumped in my seat, still staring at my phone. I was sat in the library. I thought I could be more productive in here but the moment I sat in the lounge chair, I ended up on my phone. I thought that maybe if I put my phone down, he would text me. 

I set my phone face down and closed my eyes, pulling over the hood of my hoodie to cover half of my face. Just as I predicted, my phone buzzed not long after I set it down. I jumped up to reach for my phone and see who texted.

Michael: hi drey
Michael: leah n i r going to the taco shop for lunch
Michael: u coming?

Okay, maybe the universe is telling me to talk to Ashton in person and not over text.

Andrea: ayt sure

I pack up my things and make my way out of the library and to Leah's residence hall. On my way over there, I saw Calum walking in the opposite direction. We had a quick moment of eye contact, but he sped up once our eyes met. 

There was a pang in my chest the moment I saw him. Suddenly, I remembered all the good times I shared with him. How he told me he loved me. What he looked like as he slept next to me. 

And how I kissed someone else not even a week after the break up.

Feelings of confusion and guilt washed over me. I wasn't entirely sure anymore if any of this was right. I didn't even know if I had any reason to be guilt whatsoever. We're broken up. I shouldn't have to worry about things like these, right?