~3~

I stepped off the bus, scanning the area for Zach and his friends, but I couldn't see them. I walked into the school confused and headed to where my new locker was and opened it to see my books and bag already there. Even more confused, I felt a hand creep on my shoulder. My breath hitched. The hand spun me to face someone, revealing it belonged to Zach. He had a glint in his eyes I had never seen on anyone before, a look that would bring all girls to their knees, a look of wanting.

"Where have you been?" He said, not breaking eye contact, tilting his head a bit to the side with a smirk creeping onto his face. The feeling he gave me made my lower stomach flutter.

"I couldn't find you guys outside, so I went to find my locker. Where were you?" I felt his fingers tracing down my arm as he leaned closer, sending goosebumps racing through my whole body.

"You sure about that darling?"

My eyes shot open, my heartbeat racing. As I stared at the ceiling, I felt embarrassed, confused, and alone. I had dreampt like that at least five other times, and all of them ended the same, but I didn't want to have this dream. All my dreams in the past have been about people I'll only meet once, or teachers, not people who I'm trying to make my friends. Having this dream made me upset at myself, I didn't think I felt that way about Zach, so why am I having this dream?

---------------------------------------‐------------------------

"Sweetie, you're gonna be late!" I heard my mom state loudly from downstairs. "I'm coming!" I responded, stuffing my books and backup clothes into my bag. Today, I chose to just wear something more comfortable but still made sure I put some effort into the outfit. I chose some cargo grey sweatpants and a black U-neck tight long-sleeve shirt. I just wore my Nike blazers today with my gold anklet that shows just under my sweatpants and changed my belly button ring to a nice pink dice and put my rose gold necklace on. I felt really good today for some reason, and I was very excited to see Zach again. Even though it had only been maybe twelve hours. I texted him saying I would be at school around 8 a.m., and he said he would be by the post all buses stop at. He also told me that if anyone gives me trouble to just tell him, I was confused about what that meant.

I ran down the stairs and snatched my lunch off the table. It was in a baby pink and mint lunch box that my mom bought me, I adored it. As I stepped outside, I saw the bus immediately coming around the corner of my road, I let out a breath of relief. I stood in front of the bus, waiting for the door to open, and once it did, I almost immediately felt unsafe. The first thing that hit me was the smell. It smelt of sweat, weed, and pure shit. The next thing that came to my attention was the driver. He was in a beer-stained wife beater and tight biker pants. He had stubble running down his neck and yellow chipped teeth, most missing. As I stepped on, I was greeted with smoke at the back and a creepy compliment with a complimentary grin from the driver. I ignore the shiver down my back and sit in the closest empty seat that lacks blood stains. I clutched my bag, put headphones on, and prayed to pull into the school as soon as possible.

Once we got to the school, I had never moved so quickly to get out of a vehicle, I moved so fast that I almost tripped down the worn-out stairs. And bumped into the boy in front of me.

"You alright?" He asked with a small smile.

"Oh, yeah, sorry."
I said as I rushed away awkwardly.

That was horrible.

I scanned the yard for Zach and his friends, and once I spotted them, I quickly shuffled over, smiling when Zach saw me. Once, I got to his group, which also smelt cigarettes and weed, but at least not I'm out in the open instead of in a small but with no ventilation.

"Hi Soph, how was your first bus ride?" Asked a girl standing across from me in the circle of people named Terra. She had black hair with a red undercut and was wearing all black with silver and black chains dangling around her neck. She had her arm around the girl next to her, who was significantly shorter with baby blond hair and hyper doe eyes, basically Terras' polar opposite.

"Smelly," I said with a disgusted look. "Very smelly." This statement got a wave of giggles from the circle.

"If you'd like I could drive you tomorrow," said Zach and the whole group started ooing, and i looked up at him "You know, pick you up at your house, only if you want" He said with a warm smile

"That would be great," I said, smiling in return. "I'll send you my address later today." He nodded happily at this and went back to talking to his friend Darik. Darik was dressed in low baggy black cargo pants with a black Calvin Klein boxer band completely showing. He had a Cropped baggy tee on that said 'I❤️BJ' with so much jewelry everywhere. His black hair was in a self-cut messy mulet holding red highlights framing his piercing-filled face, which had RayBans resting on his large arched nose. He had mid-smoke grey Jordans on, half covered by his baggy cargos. He is, by far, one of the coolest people I've ever met. I saw Darik whisper something to 6 they both started trying to hide their giggles. Once Terra smacked Dariks' arm, they ceased their laughter and went back to talking to the group.

"Anybody want snacks?" Asked a girl named Bailey. "My mom packed me a bunch." Bailey was a short girl, 5'2" at most. She had caramel skin, which fit her features gorgeously. Her jet-black hair was down to her lower back, topped off by a fur hat. She was dressed in a low-rise jean mini skirt with a hot pink thong sticking out over her huge glittery belt, which had a Hello Kitty diamond face as a buckle. She wore faux-fur boots on her feet, and jewelry scattered up her wrists and hands. She wore a leopard print Cropped tank top, which matched her nails and showed off her strong toned core. Her pink bra was showing a massive amount of cleavage, and I was pretty sure I saw Her nipple piercings through her shirt. She had strong bold eye makeup and plump glossy lips along with thin eyebrows, which pulled her entire look as one.

"I'll take one!" Said the blondie next to Terra, whose name I found out was Mable. She had a mid-thigh length jean skirt with white lace ruffles at the bottom. her pink tank top was scattered with light pink flowers, matching her rosey earrings. She had light pink leg warmers over her black Docmartins in which she had white laces. Her light hair and shining eyes gave a sense of comfort in any situation and helped me feel safe in this group of people I don't really know. As she grabbed a handful of food from Baileys bag, which consisted of caramilk bars only, she had a bright smile on her face. The bell rang, and we all began to fight our way inside and through the halls, setting out for our lockers. Terra offered to skip a few classes to show me around the school, and the teachers had no problem with that if it meant they wouldn't have to do anything themselves.

"So...you and Zach huh?" She said with a smirk, I was confused.

"What about us?" I asked, not understanding what she meant.

She seemed confused by my answer, "So..you don't like him."

"He's cool ofcourse I like him, I like all of you guys." I say as we approach my first class of the day, math with Mrs. Mason.

"If you say so." She says, and with that, she turned the other way and walked into the bathrooms, reaching into her bra.

------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang, announcing the last period had ended, and it was time to go home. I grabbed my bag off the floor and headed into the hallways, which I now somewhat understood, I met Zach and his group in the hallways 6
of the office. We talked about how bad the teachers were and who would be the best to 'do it' with (I didn't really participate), then we went our separate ways. I walked out of the main doors and saw my moms car waiting for me.

------------------------------------------------------------
Longer chapter, I hope it still makes sense

1508 words

Have an amazing day🤍