Jaime Preciado - I Will Always Love You

"This is nice, just you and me," I hummed, resting my head on my boyfriends lap. He smiled down at me, but it seemed forced. "Jaime, you okay?"

"Yeah, Kay, I'm fine. I just, I've got to go in a minute."

"What? We've barely seen each other this past month and you're just going to go out?"

"Sorry, I've got band practise." Jaime said, sitting me up so he could move. "We have a massive tour coming up and we need to be perfect."

"Don't remind me," I muttered, storming into the kitchen. "You're always on tour, I barely ever see you."

"It's what I love to do, can you not respect that?"

"Obviously I can, it's just hard when I never see you." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "You know what? Just go, I'll see you later. I think?"

"You're so immature sometimes, Kayla." Jaime snarled, pulling his jacket on.

"How would you know?" I immediately regret it, but I couldn't take the words back. "Jaime, I-"

"I've done everything I can to keep what we have going, but it's like you aren't even trying. It's like you're giving up." I flinched as I saw the hurt in his eyes. "It's like you don't care."

"I do care, Jaime. I wasn't thinking, I just miss you."

"I miss you too, but I don't think I can do this." He said slowly, as if he didn't really want to say it.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I don't think I can handle you breathing down my neck every time I'm home! I love you, so, so much, but I can't do this anymore."

"What are you saying?" I asked, stepping away.

"I think we need to break up." He said quietly. I felt my knees go weak and grasped at the door handle to stop myself from falling. Jaime moved to catch me but I stepped back, shaking my head.

"No, don't touch me." I muttered, fighting tears.

"Kayla, please don't be like this. We can still be-"

"Don't say friends, I don't want to be friends with you." I said, looking him in the eye. "I don't want us to be anything that isn't together. In love."

"I will always love you, but I can't have you and my career. It's not fair on either of us."

"Life isn't fair, Jaime. That doesn't mean we just give up."

"I'm not giving up." Jaime shouted. "Don't you get it? This is the last thing I want to do but I'm keeping you from being happy. While I'm away I'm keeping you from someone who could love you just as much, but be with you all the time. Not leave you alone for months at a time, like I have to."

"You really are stupid, aren't you?" I asked. "I know that! I know there could be someone out there who would love me just as much as you, but I could never love anyone half as much as I love you. That's why I'm always here, waiting for you. That's why I don't give up, because I love you more than anything."

"No, I can't do this to you. It's not fair." He said, putting his shoes on. "I'll be out of here by the morning. It's for the best."

"No, it's not, the best would be to work this out. Fight for it. Not give up." I protested, trying to stop him from leaving. He ignored me, walking out anyway.

"I'm going to band practise. I might be back later, but I'll probably send someone for my stuff." His voice was thick, like he was trying not to cry. More successfully than me, as I let out a gut wrenching sob. "I love you, Kayla, but this has to end. If you don't want anything to do with me after this, I understand but don't let it ruin your friendship with the guys."