Alex Gaskarth - Shout And I'll Be There

"Hey," I smiled, wrapping my arms around Tom as he arrived at the park. "What was so important that you needed to tell me here?" Tom was my boyfriend of three years. I met him through my best friend, Alex.

"Hey, babe. Sit down," He walked me over to a bench in the park and sat down, keeping both my hands in his. He looked nervous. "I need to talk to you."

"What's up?"

"You know I love you, right?" I nodded, moving my hands to his shoulders.

"Are you alright?" I asked, my eyes searching his for any sign of deciet. I found none.

"No, not really," Tom cleared his throat and looked at the floor. "I do love you, honest, but I- I met someone else. I really like her, and we, we kinda-"

"You kinda what, Tom?"

"We slept together." He mumbled. I made to stand up but he reached for my arms and pulled me back down. "But I'm telling you now! I didn't want to not tell you, because I really like this girl. I didn't want to lead you both on, so I'm ending it."

"When?" I asked.

"What?" A look of genuine confusion flashed across Toms face.

"When are you telling her? That it's over." Tom sighed once more and looked down, not meeting my eyes as he said the two words that made my heart sink.

"I'm not."

"W-what?"

"I can't be with you, Charlotte. It's not fair."

"We've been together three years and you're leaving me for some girl you had sex with?" I shouted, wripping myself from Toms grasp. "I can't believe you."

"Charlotte, you have to understand," Tom pleaded as I felt the tears welling up. "It's not fair on you. I wouldn't have fallen for this girl if I loved you completely."

I stood up, breathing heavily. "I-I can't... I need to get out-" I ran out of the park, the tears flowing thick and fast. My vision was blurry and I ended up hunched next to a wall, gripping it for support. I took out my phone and called the only person I've ever trusted.

"Alex, I-I need you to pick me up," I sobbed into the phone. "It's Tom, h-he-"

"What did he do? Did he hurt you?" Alex demanded. I could hear him moving on the other end of the line, it sounded like he was running.

"He cheated, Alex." I cried. "Alex, I-I can't-"

"Charlotte, where are you? Don't move, I'm coming."

"I'm on the corner, between Thames Street and South Broadway."

"I'll be there in two minutes." I disconnected the call and dropped to the floor, still crying. God, I must have looked a mess. I waited for Alex to arive and, like he said, he was there in no more than two minutes. He jumped out of his car and picked me up, kissing my cheek before placing me carefully in the passenger seat. Neither of us said a word for the whole journey home, all Alex did was rub my leg reassuringly. When he pulled up in the driveway, Alex cut the engine and turned to look at me.

"Come on, let's get inside." I nodded and opened the door, only to have Alex rush around and carry me into the house. He set me down on the couch, placed a blanket over me and dissapeared into the kitchen. When he walked back in he was holding two mugs. Sitting down he handed one to me and tucked himself under the blanket with me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"What happened?" He asked softly.

"Tom, he asked me to meet him at the park, saying he had something important to tell me. I didn't think it was anything really important, so I got there and I waited. When he walked over, he looked really worried, like something really bad had happened. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he loved me but he met someone else, and he really liked her. He- he told me that-"