Birthday

Blue POV:

Blue POV:

OMG! it's my birthday and I'm so hyped! I'm just chilling in my room, waiting for Zaria to bring back those sneaky cookies. My mom wouldn't let me have any cause it's too early, but come on, it's my special day! I only have one friend, Zaria, so the party starts whenever, right?

I'm sprawled out on my bed, scrolling through TikTok, when Zaria finally shows up with the cookies. "Girl you won't believe what ur parents are doing," she says, and I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

They're down in your mom's office! Having a full-on make out session," she spills, and I burst out laughing. "Wait, I thought your mo wasn't into girls!" I tease

"Me too!" Zaria admits.

"I think it's time for me to go downstairs and shoot my shot!" I declare, ready to go downstairs. But Zaria grabs me by the throat, Not to hard. And pushes me bad into the room. "No way, you said I couldn't shoot my shot at your momma so you're not coming for mine," she warns, releasing her grip.

I roll my eyes, playfully annoyed.

"GIRLSSS!" we hear my auntie Kelly and solo shot from downstairs. Zaria is low-key crushing on solo, just like she is with my mom. She runs and jumps on her. "Get off her!" I push Zaria down to the floor and jump onto solo, laughing. That's when our moms walk into the living room, their lip gloss all smudged from their little make out sesh.

Everyone started laughing at them.

After the laughter died down and everyone caught their breath, the room was buzzing with an energy only a close-knit family could understand. Onika and my mom were still a bit embarrassed but smiling, decided to change the subject quickly.

"Okay, okay! That's enough," my mom said with a playful roll of her eyes. "Let's focus on the birthday girl! Blue, what do you want to do today?

It was the perfect segue. With all eyes on me, I felt a rush of excitement. "Well, since we're all here in a celebratory mood, how about we kick off the day with some games?" I suggested

Zaria chime in, "Yes! Let's do a scavenger hunt! We can make teams and fund stuff around the house or even outside,"

Everyone agreed, and the energy shifted from awkward to adventurous. Auntie Kelly and solo started brain stroking a list of item for the scavenger hunt, while onika and my mom went to the kitchen to prepare snacks. I hope onika was doing all the work cause my mom can't cook or prep.

Zaria and I teamed up, of course, and we were determined to win. We dashed around the house, collecting items from the list. Each discovery brought a sense of triumph, and our laughter echoed through the halls.

At one point we were searching for something borrowed and that's when Zaria had a brilliant idea. "Let's borrow solo's hat! She always wears it and it's kind of her signature thing" she said with a mischievous grin.

We snuck up to solo, who was deep in conversation with auntie Kelly, and with the quick swipe, Zaria grabbed the hat right off her head, solo turn with the surprise gap but then when she saw it, it was "you little thieves! You better win with that kind of stealth" she teased.

The scavenger hunt continued with more playful, thievery, and clever find in the end are in our trip, hump our arms full of random objects that somehow represented a perfect Snapshot of the day chaos and fun as the sun begins to say we gathered in the living room are spore laid out before us like treasure. The room was worn with the glow of the evening light in the joy of shared laughter .

My mom brought out a homemade cake that onika made, everyone sang happy birthday. I made a wish, simple one and that was for my mom and onika to be a thing.

Thoughts?

Ideas?