Chapter 4: Once again, its not the end (yet) (Alyssa POV)

Hey. Me again. It's not the end. Yet. We woke up in a dark room. Someone turned on the lights. We were in a room the size of a closet. And standing in front of us was the two hunters that chased us. They looked dumbfounded, as if that incident was unplanned. Sam muttered something that sounded like "It's always Artemis." Our hands were tied up, but it was loose around the ankles. It was tight around the rib cage. The hunters looked they wanted to apologize but didn't know how to. "Umm..." the auburn haired hunter mumbled. It's probably a new hunter, I thought. She untied the ropes on us. The other girl with bangs and black hair looks like she wanted to utter"sorry not sorry." She had two bracelets with spikes around it, like she would hurt someone just by shaking her hand.  "You left your map," the auburn haired hunter said, handing it to us.

I stared at Sam. "You dropped the map?!" I yelled at Sam, loud enough for the hunters to hear. "Calm down," Sam whispered. "You want me to calm down?" I bellowed, now holding my trident. I slammed it against the ground, hard. Crack edged through the floor. Waves pounded against the wall, making me claustrophobic. "What's that ship doing over there?" the girl with the bangs said, awestruck. I looked in the window. There was indeed a ship outside. It had a trident, my dad Poseidon's symbol. "I guess Dad has two presents for me," I said, grinning. "Blake, help me pull the anchor on the deck."   "Why me?" he asked, as if I accused him of stealing.  "Because Sam wanted to ask the hunters something, and you're the only one here. Unless  an inanimate object can help me." Blake rolled his eyes and started helping. I turned my pendant into the Trident, hoping to lift the anchor up. It ended up stepping on Blake's hoov." Ow!"He yelled, clutching the hoov and hopping on one foot. Sam walked out of the building with bad news. Like everything that has happened so far. So, it's not really much different. That was pretty typical.   
"I was speaking to the hunters. Turns out when they knocked us out, we slept for....Two days," Sam said. "Two days?!" I asked, not believing her words."Wait, how much time do we have now?"Blake asked, chewing on plastic.His words didn't match his very chill mood. I seemed to be the only one worried. Where the satyrs find their trash, I have no idea.

  "We had 8 days, but now we're down to 6," Sam said. "Not too bad," I said optimistically. "It's already 6:30," Sam said, pointing at the sunset. Are you kidding me? As if fighting a literal goddess wasn't enough. You gods love drama, don't

you? I sighed. There is no way to rewind time unless the God of time shows up at our desperate hour. Spoilers, no one came.

We all climbed at the boat. Blake yawned . "I'm going to sleep," he said, heading down. "Want to share rudder duty with me?" Sam asked, smiling. I said "sure." The scent of Ocean Spray lingered. The Ocean Breeze was comforting. The waves were calm. I really felt like a daughter of Poseidon. Sam looked at the landscape, as if taking it all in. Her eyes shimmered in the from the sunset. Neither of us said a word. Just a comfortable silence. I understand why poseidon loves the ocean. It was perfect. It just felt right. Like home. There was no good way how to explain that. And Sam seemed to understand that, just like me. Eating from the deck, I can still hear Blake snoring getting louder. A question popped in my head. "Tell me who your godly parent is," I said to Sam. She glanced at me. I stood my ground , looking right back into her eyes. "Do you really want to know?" She asked, looking at me. "Yes." "I'm a daughter of Pluto." Wow. Pluto, God of the underworld. Sam seemed to read my thoughts, because her eyes darted away from me. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I blurted. I thought you wouldn't want to be friends with a daughter of Pluto, Sam admitted. "You will always be my best friend. I don't care where your godly lineage comes from, because you'll always be the amazing person I know," I said. Sam blushed. "Then I worried about nothing," she muttered, looking at the floor. A stupid grin covered my face. The waves seemed to sway, as if Poseidon was spying on us. What would I even say to him if he came? Hopefully he would be proud of me for doing this stupid, physically impossible quest. " Sure you can't get involved at

all?" I muttered, lower than a whisper. The tide grunted. Okay, fine. We walked downstairs from the ship together, discussing a plan B in case Apollo refused to help. All that was left was a bunk bed to sleep on. I slept on the bottom, Sam on the top. All that has happened is weird. And we slept for 2 days. I cannot oversleep now. We do not have the time for that now. We still need to find Apollo. The God of archery, medicine and music and other stuff. He hasn't....presented himself yet. And we need him now to stop Eris. I'm not going to sleep with happy thoughts. Not one bit. Well, maybe a little. At least my best friends were by my side.
I shouldn't have worried about oversleeping, because I did the opposite. I woke up just before the sun came up. I went upstairs to avoid Blake's loud snoring. The steps creaked. I saw a crack of sunlight as I made it to the top. "Didn't sleep much either?" I asked Sam. "Yeah," she said, holding the steering wheel. "Can you manage the rudder?" Sam said, trying to manage two things at once while looking tired. I immediately grabbed the rubber I immediately grabbed the rudder. Sam looks so tired. So naturally I forced Blake to help. "Blake! Get your goat legs over here and help us!" I yell. "Fiine! Blake bleated, sounding very much like a whiny thirteen-year-old satyr that want to sleep all day. Blake handled the steering wheel while Sam took a break. She calmly sharpened her Gladius with a rock.  " Do you have any other weapons?" I asked her, almost dropping the sail in the process. I can be clumsy at times. I get that comment a lot.
"I just have a dagger in my pocket, just in case," she said.  I decided not to ask what a dagger would be of use for on a ship. "Where do we go to find the archery god?" I asked.

"Hold on let me grab the god tracker," Blake said, like it's obvious.

"God tracker? " Sam asked, like she was hallucinating from lack of sleep. I wasn't too far behind that thought.  "Yeah, I've had it for a while," Blake said, holding it for us to see. I tried to keep my cool. "We've been lost for days and you had this the whole time?!" I yelled.  Blake shrugged. "I forgot, so? What's the big deal?" He said. "We have five days. We can't afford to forget stuff," Sam said. "Okay just give me a second and I'll see where Apollo is," Blake whined. He tapped some buttons. I still can't believe this is a thing. And how could Blake forget that he had it? "It says he's in Los Angeles, California," Blake said casually. "What?" Sam asked, looking like she want to pull her hair out. She seriously needs some sleep. She nudged Blake off and grabbed the steering wheel. "Ow!" Blake complained. "Oh you're fine," Sam insisted. Blake was not satisfied with that. "How long will it take to get to California?" I asked Blake. He calculated it on his so-called God tracker. "Almost 2 days," Blake confirmed. Sam and I groaned in unison. "We don't have time!" I said impatiently. "This  isn't optional, this is mandatory. We have to take this detour to up our chances. It will be easier to stop the goddess of strife and discord with God on our side," Sam said. " I have to admit that is true," I said.  "Listen, as long as nothing goes wrong we'll be fine," Blake assured us. Waves pounded the ship. I saw a wave the size of a house coming. Dang it.