Chapter 5

"So," Terrence watched the crowd scatter as people ran from the dead body. "I'm assuming Jasmine?" He asked, looking at the girls.

Jasmine nodded, a smirk on her face. "Come on, the doors are open."

Terrence just sighed. Ida just looked back to the gates and took in a deep breath. "Yea. Let's go." She nodded, reaching into the air and creating a spare knife.

~~~~

"Do you think the others are here yet?" Eugene asked, looking around the coliseum.

Vixen didn't seem to hear him, skipping about. She didn't seem to notice the blood splattered on the floors or the spare body parts that were being cleared out. This was a bit of an adventure for the demoness, and her careless attitude was noticed by the boys.

Coby sighed, looking at Eugene. "Do you really think she can help?"

"We need everyone we can get..." The purple haired demon responded, not really answering the question.

The boy just sighed and looked back at Vixen, who did a happy cartwheel... into an armed guard she fell right through. She quickly sat up and looked at the guard, hoping he didn't notice the cold rush going through him.

Luckily, the guard just walked off, calling to a few workers who were goofing off. "Hey! You gotta be careful with those, don't you know how dangerous Time Wishes are?!"

Vixen sighed in relief, standing up and brushing her skirt, as if dust had scattered on it. She skipped back over to the other ghosts. "C'mon, what are you two waiting for..." She stopped, looking up at the sky suddenly.

"Something's not right." She whispered bluntly.

"What's wrong?"  Eugene asked, frowning.

"There's something bad here..." She looked around fearfully, backing away and arching her back like a frightened cat.

Eugene looked around, worried.

She looks back over to the boys. "We can't stay here. There's people after us."

"What?!" Eugene asked, startled.

She suddenly grabbed his arm. "There. Are people. AFTER US."

~~~~~~

Jasmine followed the rest of the crowd, her form flickering so fast that she almost seemed to disappear for seconds. Terrence noticed, frowning.

"Be careful, we don't want to draw too much attention." He said warningly, though his voice was just barely over a whisper.

Ida crossed her arms, looking up at the sky as they continued on. "I mean, I don't think random people here care much if we're flickering. They seem a bit more concerned with," she watched a fight break out between a small group, blasters and electric blades being used now.

"Other things." She finished.

Jasmine took a deep breath and sighed, her form settling. "Sorry. I'm just nervous..." She looked at Ida. "Could you give me some sort of weapon for me to grip?"

Ida glanced back at Jasmine, crossing her arms. Without a word, she grabbed at the air and handed Jasmine a rather dull knife.

She took it. "Thanks."

~~~~~

"Her aura isn't being sensed by any of the trackers." A Victorian man with blood dripping from his head whispered.

A nineteen-year-old in an unbearably colorful outfit, a gun wound in her chest, just rolled her eyes. "Bag your face, like we've got to find that airhead." She answered sarcastically.