Chapter 6

"She hasn't calmed down yet. Don't know where Jasmine is." Ben updated, stepping down the stairs from his little medbay to his family in the front room.

"Wings are completely gone, some other injuries that will probably take a few weeks to heal." He added, not helping much with the tension in the room.

Tiffany nervously sighed, picking at her arm. "Any idea where Jasmine is?"

"No idea. She hasn't been able to say." He shook his head, going down and sitting on a nearby chair. "I don't think it's looking very good."

Bill looked extremely worried. The front door suddenly opened, and Jasmine walked in. "I promise I can explain everything, but first you gotta get this Time Wish to Ida." She said quickly.

The demon looked at her swiftly, his neck making a stiff cracking noise as Bill's pupil turned to a pinprick.

"Where were-!?" He was interrupted by Jason bounding into the mansion and chasing Jasmine up the stairs to the medbay.

She quickly went over to Ida, who was still crying. She glanced at Coby. "Can you try to get her to wish for something? We got enough." Jason went over, whimpering softly as he nudged Ida's hand.

Coby nodded a bit, rubbing Ida's head in an attempt to comfort her. "Wish for life, right? But..." He trailed off. "She lost a lot of blood and got really injured, if she comes back to life now..."

Jasmine cursed under her breath. "Um... Just have her wish for the injuries to be fixed and for her to come back to life. If the second one doesn't work, then she can use mine." She crossed her arms, glancing down. "I just have to kill bad people. It's better than being dead like everyone else."

He nodded and turned to Ida, taking her hands and squeezing them. "Dia, I need you to listen to me just for a minute." He whispered. Ida managed to stifle her crying for a moment, then nodded. "Just say that you wish for the injuries to be fixed and to be alive, then you'll be okay."

Ida choked down a sob and nodded. She leaned forward, her head thumping against his shoulder. "I-I wish... to be healed... and alive..."

A flash of gold light consumed the room as soon as the words were uttered, causing Jasmine to stumble back. As the light slowly dimmed, she was able to make out Ida, wounds completely gone. Her other wings were still gone, along with any other things she had as a ghost.

The girl opened her eyes, stumbling a bit as her physical form phased through Coby. She held herself up, taking in a shaky breath.

Breath.

Breathing.

Jasmine supported her. "Whoa there, be careful." She gave her a soft smile. "How do you feel?"

Ida took a deep breath, relishing in the air flowing into her lungs. She then suddenly started to cough, leaning forward. After she calmed down, she managed to say, "Like when I was alive... but better..."

Jasmine smiled. "Come on, let's go show Bill." They went down the stairs, Ida behind Jasmine.

Before Bill could say anything, Jasmine interrupted. "Please let me explain."

"Yes, please do before I do something we both regret." Bill said, his voice low and echoing off the walls. Ida managed to stagger down the stairs, clinging onto Jasmine's arm and shaking.

Jasmine took a deep breath and quickly began explaining. "We kinda sorta went into the future to try to get time wishes in order for most of us to come back to life. And the Judges found out and attacked us, which is how Ida got hurt, but we were successful, and Ida's ok now." She pulled at her dress.