11. MEET RIDDHIYA RAJPUT

Riddhiya

"Riddhya baccha, stop fussing, it's just our monthly family dinners," my mom, Vidya Rajput, called from the front seat of the car.

"Oh, mom, just let me," I said, applying a little touch-up to my lipstick. I checked my reflection in my compact mirror. Perfect.

Or as perfect as it could be. I sighed, closing the mirror with a snap.

My mom just shook her head, but she didn't say anything. She knew me well enough to let me fuss when we were visiting the Singhanias.

This wasn't just any family dinner; it was the Singhania family's monthly soirée, and I wanted to look my best.

We were almost there, the car pulled in. The gates swung open, and the Singhania mansion revealed itself in all its opulence.

It wasn't just a house—it was an architectural marvel. A sweeping driveway led us up to the grand entrance, with immaculate gardens stretching out on either side.

Towering columns framed the massive wooden doors, intricately carved with scenes from ancient Indian epics.

As we drove up, I noticed a stunning fountain in the center of the circular driveway. Water cascaded from the mouth of a marble lion into a clear pool, lit from beneath with soft, golden lights.

The entire mansion was illuminated like a fairy tale castle, with lights glowing from every window and casting a warm glow on the gardens below.

I leaned forward in my seat, trying to take it all in. The mansion had so many wings and courtyards, each more impressive than the last.

And the main entrance was a sight to behold—an enormous set of double doors carved with intricate patterns and adorned with brass handles that looked like they'd been polished a thousand times.

"Wow," I murmured, unable to help myself. Even after all the times we'd been here, the sheer grandeur of the place never ceased to amaze me.

My mom glanced back at me. "Come on, Riddhya, don't dawdle. We can't keep the Singhanias waiting."

I nodded, snapping out of my daze as the car came to a stop in front of the entrance. The doorman, dressed in a crisp uniform, stepped forward to open the car door for us.

I took a deep breath and stepped out, ready to face the evening ahead. With the Singhanias, there was always a touch of glamour—and a hint of unpredictability.

"So much makeup, Riddhya. This is just a dinner night, not your wedding," my mother said, casting a disapproving glance at my face.

"It's not about what today is, Mom, but rather who'll be here," I replied, carefully glossing my lips.

Arhaan Singhania, the youngest grandson of Tara Singhania. The one who made my heart flutter just by existing.

But would he even notice? Had he ever?
I dismissed the thought like always.

"Let her, Vidya. My princess looks beautiful no matter what," my father, Vikram Rajput, said as he stepped into the conversation, coming to my defense.

I smiled cheekily at my father, my ally in times like this.

He gave me a wink, a silent signal that he'd always have my back.

"Daddy's princess," my mother muttered, rolling her eyes. But she didn't press the issue, which was a relief.

My dad knew when to intervene, especially when my mom got a bit too critical.

We stepped out of the car and headed towards the entrance. The grand double doors swung open, and we were greeted by a butler in a crisp black suit.