Ch 7: A New Beginning

*Scene takes a close up where Lu Xia demands Ryu Shim to reveal the story behind the mysterious promise. Ryu Shim looks nervous but Lu Xia gives him a look which reassures him to reveal his little secret*

Ryu Shim *nervously* : Okay, Okay!

You might already know that the person poisoned was my cousin sister. Her name is Guo Min. She used to a very happy go lucky type of person.

Lu Xia: Used to be?
What happened to her now?

Ryu Shim: I used to have a friend Han Pinyu. He was my best friend-

Lu Xia: What's up with this past tense in your sentences?

Ryu Shim *annoyed* : Monkey, will you let me finish?

Lu Xia *making a foolish face* : Okay!

Ryu Shim: So-

*Scenes cuts back to a flashback as Ryu Shim dictates his past*

Han Pinyu was my best friend. Perhaps the only one who could understand me deeply. He knew my insecurities and my strengths. He knew everything about me. He was the son of a previous general who is dead as of now. He helped me bridge gap with some of the family members since according to everyone, I was half blooded Prince.

Lu Xia: Half Blooded?

Ryu Shim: You don't know about it, right? I am not the biological son of Queen Consort. My brother Chang Lin is! The Emperor is my biological father though and my mother was a royal maid. Infact one of the most closest to Queen Consort. My father and late mother were going to marry with the consent of Queen Consort but due to complications in pregnancy, she gave birth to me as premature baby. She died while doing so. Since, she never married my father officially and royal maid are looked down upon by other royal family members, I had the title of "Half Blooded Prince"

Lu Xia: That's... That sounds awful. I can only wonder how you coped up with it. I would have thought of it as an insult, not gonna lie-

Ryu Shim: Exactly! That's how I felt. That's why I isolated myself from other royal family members and Han Pinyu was my only friend in this giant but lonely palace.

Although, he didn't change the attitude of all family members but he was able to do so with some.

Lu Xia: Prince Guo Kan and Princess Guo Min!

Ryu Shim: Yes, you got it right! Gradually I felt a sense of belongingness. Han Pinyu Fell in love with my cousin Guo Min and so did she.

Han Pinyu was going to ask for her hand in marriage but unfortunately fate had other plans. Since he was leading some important troops in the battle of LuoPin, the Enemies kidnapped and held him hostage. They made some demands and since my so called father aka the Emperor couldn't fulfill it, they killed him.

*Lu Xia's heart sank at this revelation. She felt tremendously bad for Princess Guo Min. Ryu Shim continues his past*

Ryu Shim: I was lost, I felt an empty void inside me and that void was soon filled with hatred. I-

I lost all feelings for the soldiers on the side of our enemy and in my anger of losing my only true friend, I killed most of them ruthlessly without batting an eyelid.

Lu Xia: And That's why people call you 'Cruel Prince' , am I right?

Ryu Shim: Yes but as much as I was in pain, there was my cousin who was having it harder than me. She lost her lover in a cruel way and she isolated herself from others the way I did.
I did come around with the help of my cousin Guo Kan but Guo Min has not been able to come out of her trauma.