Ch 8: Past or Present?

*A new day, a new trouble to overcome.

And this morning might start with the same as we see Lu Xia going to the maids common room to talk with Madam Haoyu. Unfortunately, the latter was out for a work and hence Lu Xia couldn't find her. Just when, she was going back to her room, a bunch of royal maids interrupted her*

Royal Maid 1 *annoying tone* : So, this is the girl going around seeking attention?

Lu Xia: Excuse me?

Royal Maid 2 *defensive* : Treat us with respect, we are senior to you.

Lu Xia: I don't mean to disrespect you, I was just asking a question owing to my curiosity.

Royal Maid 1 *taunting* : Oh really? So what kind of curiosity do you have to hover around the royal family members all the time? Especially when medicinal treatment is not under your department?

Lu Xia: Just for your information, it is now. I work with the Imperial Doctor after my service for the Queen.

Royal Maid 2: you think you are too special, don't you? Just because the royal members give you extra attention?

Lu Xia: Oh No! Definitely not! I just-

Royal Maid 3: Dare to speak over us? The audacity!

Lu Xia: You are misunderstanding-

Royal maid 3: misunderstanding? Oh there isn't! What kind of favour did you give to Prince or Emperor to hire you out of hiring period?

Lu Xia *angered* : Enough! I can bear anything but question on my character.

*The Maids grow angry and push Lu Xia to the ground*

Lu Xia: Ouch!!

Royal Maid 2: A newbie like you has no right to yell on us.

Lu Xia POV: If only my father wouldn't have restricted me, I would have taught them a nice lesson for bothering me without any reason. Uhnhghh!!!!! Why? What's the use of my power if I can't use it to protect myself?

Royal Maid 3: You still have that arrogant gaze, I see. Friends! Let's teach her a lesson on how to function under us

*the maids agree while laughing in an evil manner. Lu Xia is dragged and taken to a dark room. A royal maid takes the key and locks it while Lu Xia shouts for help, she also has blood coming out from her hand since the maids pushed her harshly. The royal maids show no mercy and go away to do their job*

Lu Xia POV: No, It's scary here. I don't want to be here. Someone please get me out. I hate it! Mom was right. The people in the palace can be Cruel. I didn't do anything to them, then why do they hate me so much? Why are they bullying me?

Lu Xia: Help! Help! Please get me out!

*Meanwhile, the Imperial Doctor comes around asking for Lu Xia and informs the Queen*

Queen Jiuling : She's not with you? But she finished her work and left saying that she would go to the imperial medics room .

Imperial Doctor: No, Queen. She didn't come, that's why I came here to ask whether you need her for a longer time.

*Queen Summons Haoyu and asks her about Lu Xia*

Haoyu : I am sorry, Queen but I had been busy all day, I didn't even get the time to visit Common Maids room today, so I have no idea where Lu Xia is.

Queen Jiuling: She told me she would be going to Imperial Medics room but she didn't go there as well. Where is this girl?

Haoyu: Madam, I feel really anxious about this.