Ch 5: Secret Agenda

*Four hours before the entire fiasco with Lu Xia and royal guards, Emperor Fu Xian summoned the Crown Prince and he arrived. Chang Lin did the usual greetings and Emperor began questioning him*

 Chang Lin did the usual greetings and Emperor began questioning him*

Emperor Fu: So, how did the tour go?

Chang Lin: Good, Your Majesty! I learnt a lot of things but-

Emperor Fu: But?

Chang Lin: Father, can I ask you something?

Emperor Fu: Yes?

Chang Lin: Only strong Men can have Ch'i, right?

Emperor Fu: Yes, Only Strong ones with the Strongest soul!

Chang Lin: What about a strong woman?

*Emperor's eyes twitched when Chang Lin mentioned women having Ch'i. Confused, he inquired*

Emperor Fu: Woman?

Chang Lin: Who is physically strong along with her soul...

Emperor Fu: Is there something bothering you regarding this?

Chang Lin: ahm...

Emperor Fu: I demand you to say the truth.

Chang Lin: I met a girl when I was travelling through the rural markets of NonLang. Her father is a Village Chief and I saved his life once. I knew him for a long time, met him a numerous times... But suddenly yesterday when I met him, I got to meet his daughter who came to the Capital with him.

I mean, it might be just me overthinking but Most People especially from villages are always eager to bring the women from their Household to the Capital to help them get settled. Yet, the Village Chief Never bought her until their Village was hit with a famine and he needed a helping hand. Not only this but the girl is quite chivalrous. A customer was threatening her father and she scolded them instead of keeping quiet like usual ladies.

However, the main incident which caught my attention was when the customer's men attacked her but she escaped and flew as if She were a feather in air. I think if I would have not interrupted them, she would have handled the customer herself... I tried to ask the Chief about her but it seems like he was too nervous to answer my questions and instructed his daughter to go away as if he didn't want me to interact with her.

Emperor Fu: Son...

Chang Lin: Yes, father?

Emperor Fu: I will admit it, I heard from my old teacher that women with strong Ch'i exists but it's very rare because men in our country and even in this palace, we compel women to abide by certain restrictions. These restrictions are what holds back the power of life force.

Every person has a life force but unless they are allowed to be free and cultivate it, they can't develop it. I tried to make the traditions a bit loose for women but it's not possible until the common people realise it themselves besides women themselves are conditioned to the same thoughts so they condemn others who try to break the restrictions. They themselves don't want to go out and cultivate their energy, then how am I supposed to encourage it?