Chapter five

"What if she can't do it?." Wanda Maximoff to Clint Barton about Rachel Roth

Rachel pov

My alarm goes off at 7:45am that next morning. I shut my alarm off and sit up in bed thinking about the events of last night.

I remember Wanda's voice in my head, trying the tell me something but I couldn't figure out what as the connection wasn't strong enough. I went into my room and tried to communicate with her, but without success. I got frustrated and the demon in me came out and pushed Gar against the wall when he was only trying to help me. The others grabbed gar and ran out of my room, but only for them to go get Dick. Dick then came into my room but I pretend to be sleeping as I didn't want him to find me crying and I also didn't want to hurt him since I could still feel the devil inside of me.

I breathe a long sigh and brush the hair back from the front of my face. I get out of bed and walk over to my dresser to pick out clothes for the day. Of course, my wardrobe is all black and dark purple and blue clothing, but I think those colours suit me well.

I pick out a black sweater crop top with the sleeves ripped up into slits. I grab black luluemon pants to go with it and my classic black gothic boots. I get changed and then put on dark blue eye shadow and maskera and black eyeliner. I put on concealer and blush and highlighter. Lastly, I put on black lipstick and brush my dark blue hair back.

I don't usually ware this dark/much of makeup, but I just think/feel like it matches my mood today.

I look at myself in my mirror for a moment before going towards the kitchen. Without even needing to enter the kitchen I already know everyone is in there, just by the voices I hear coming from inside the kitchen.

I walk into the kitchen and immediately all eyes go on me.

Okay....so obviously everyone knows about last night.....

I just try and pretend like it's a normal morning and like they aren't all staring at me, and I go grab a box of Cheerios from the cupboard. I grab a bowl and milk and start making my breakfast.

They have all gone back to their conversations now. Rose, Gar and Jason sit at the counter talking, though Jason and Gar keep glancing over at me. Tim, Dick, and Dawn are having their own conversation beside the counter. Dawn, Hank and Donna are siting at the kitchen table staring at me while talking.

Okay, so Dawn, Hank and Donna are obviously talking about me. Okay....great.

I take a bite of my cereal when Dick comes up beside me.

"Hey Rach" He says warmly.

"Hey." I say with a mouthful of cereal, which of course makes Dick chuckle at the sight.

"I think I'm going to need to buy more cereal by the way you're eating" dick jokes and goes to grab his own.

"Wow, thanks." I say sarcastically and take another bite just as Dick starts eating his own.

"So...how was your night last night?" Dick asked.

I froze, not knowing what to say, yet still knowing he would ask it sooner than later.

"Ummm....it was good...why do you ask?" I lied.

"Oh no reason, I just thought I heard something last night."

"What do you mean?" I tried to act like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Well, Gar told me that-"

I gasp and stare down at what's in my cereal bowl, interrupting Dick.

Inside my bowl, all the letters of the cereal are only; W,A,N,D. Spelling; Wanda. It's a message. Wanda is trying to communicate with me. Wanda.