Overture

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful glowing city protected by golden gates, known now as heaven. This place was ruled by beings made of pure light. Angels that worshiped good and shielded all from evil. There was one angel that had bright and fantastical ideas for creation, he was called Lucifer. The elders felt that his ideas were dangerous and treated him as a troublemaker. So he resigned to watching as the other angels made the first humans from the dust of the earth, Adam and Lillith. They were created as equals but despite this Adam demanded control, and Lillith refused to submit to him. In the cover of darkness, she fled the garden. Being drawn in by her fierce independence Lucifer encountered her and the two rebellious dreamers fell in love. They wished to share the gift of free will with humanity and offered the fruit of knowledge to Adam's new bride Eve, who accepted and offered the fruit to Adam. After a little convincing, Adam consumed the fruit as well, but this gift came with a price, with these acts of sin evil made its way into the world, and with it a new realm filled with sin and darkness. As punishment Lucifer and Lillith were cast into this pit, known as Hell, forever cursed to only see the worst in humanity. Ashamed Lillith lost all hope in her children. But Lucifer thrived making the other six rings of Hell and creating many demonic species to rule over. As the numbers of Hell grew so did its power. Threatened by this Heaven made a truly heartless betrayal of trust. The head Seraphim tricked Adam into making an army of exterminators to quell the riots in Hell. Adam was disgusted by this and protested against it. This led to his being thrown out of Heaven. Meanwhile, Charlie the daughter of Lucifer and Lillith being raised in a broken home with a heartless father and absent mother grew up with only hatred in her heart. When she heard about Adam's fall she ventured to heaven and proposed being the leader of the exterminations. The angels were hesitant but gave in and gave her an exterminator as second in command and to keep an eye on her. But despite this Adam vowed to help his children down the path of redemption and save their souls from eternal death." After this is said Adam's hand closes a book, titled "The Story of Hell" and looks out on the destruction happening after the recent extermination, "Don't worry, Lilith. I'll make you proud and make up for my mistakes." Adam smiles sadly, quickly fading to a look of sadness as he looks soberly out the window at Pentagram City continuing to burn.

"Adam?" Lute questions as she enters the room and walks in Adam's direction

Adam turns to Lute in surprise "Aah! Oh, crap. Did you hear all that?" he says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uh, yeah I was right there." She chuckles as she points her thumb toward the doorway.

Adam looks away as he says "Sorry. I get pretty worked up after an extermination happens. The story helps kind of..."

Lute smiles and puts her hand on Adam's shoulder, "Don't worry. I enjoy your stories. Are you okay?" she questions as she sits down next to him.

"I'm fine. Just...thinking, ya' know? Seeing your children being murdered every year doesn't put you in the best mood. Ya' know?" He looks down sadly, the images of dead sinners still floating through his mind.