WE OBJECT TO THE WEDDING!

It's been a hectic day.  We got lost and ended up on Circe's island, and Percy and I were turned into guinea pigs.  Thankfully Annabeth saved us, and we stole a pirate ship and left.  The bright side?  Annabeth says I make a very cute hamster.  And now... we're at the final stop.  When you think "monster island," you think craggy rocks and bones scattered on the beach like the island of the Sirens.  The Cyclops' island was nothing like that.  I mean, okay, it had a rope bridge across a chasm, which was not a good sign.  You might as well put up a billboard that said "SOMETHING EVIL LIVES HERE".  But except for that, the place looked like a Caribbean postcard.  It had green fields and tropical fruit trees and white beaches.  As we sailed toward the shore, Annabeth breathed in the sweet air.

Annabeth: The Fleece.

I nodded.  I couldn't see the Fleece yet, but I could feel its power.

Percy: If we take it away, will the island die?

Annabeth shook her head.

Annabeth: It'll fade.  Go back to what it would be normally, whatever that is.

I felt a little guilty about ruining this paradise, but I reminded myself we had no choice.  Camp Half-Blood was in trouble.  And Tyson... Tyson would still be with us if it wasn't for this quest.  In the meadow at the base of the ravine, several dozen sheep were milling around.  They looked peaceful enough, but they were huge... like the size of hippos.  Just past them was a path that led up into the hills.  At the top of the path, near the edge of the canyon, was a massive oak tree.  And in its branches... was something shiny and golden.

YN: Well... there it is.  But let's be honest, that would be too easy.

Percy: Can we just hike up there and take it?

Annabeth's eyes narrowed.

Annabeth: There's supposed be a guardian.  Maybe a dragon, or...

That's when a deer emerged from the bushes.  It trotted into the meadow, probably looking for grass to eat, when the sheep all bleated at once and rushed the animal.  It happened so fast that the deer stumbled and was lost in a sea of wool and trampling hooves.  Grass and tufts of fur flew into the air.  A second later the sheep all moved away, back to their regular peaceful wanderings.  Where the deer had been was a pile of clean white bones.  We all exchanged nervous looks.

YN: They're like piranhas... giant, fluffy piranhas.

Percy: Guys, look.

Percy pointed down the beach, to just below the sheep meadow, where a small boat had been run aground.  Another lifeboat from the CSS Birmingham.

YN: I'll run up there and grab the fleece.  You guys go find Grover.

Annabeth: Should I come?

YN: You don't have super speed, Wise Girl.

She blushed at the nickname, but nodded.  I sprinted down the hill, running aroudn the sheep.  They clearly noticed, and began charging after me.  Well, at least they can't catch me.  I reached the tree, running straight up the side.  I reached the branch with the fleece, pulling it down.  As soon as I did the sheep began wandering aimlessly again.  Then I heard a roar.  It came from a ravine, that I saw the others peering over.

???: You're a feisty one!

Clarisse: Challenge me!  Give me back my sword and I'll fight you!

The monster roared with laughter.  I landed beside Annabeth, the fleece draped over my shoulders.  We were right above the entrance of the Cyclops' cave.  Below us stood Polyphemus and Grover... who was wearing a wedding dress.  What the fuck is going on?  Clarisse was tied up, hanging upside down over a pot of boiling water.  I was half hoping to see Tyson down there, too.  Even if he'd been in danger, at least we would've known he was alive.  But there was no sign of him.