Thalia Crashes The Sun

Full disclosure, I was gonna call this chapter "We Become Scout Masters", but... I'm not sure how many people would get the joke and I don't think Wattpad would like it much.  So enjoy!

Artemis: Zoe, we will rest here for a few hours.  Raise the tents.  Treat the wounded.  Retrieve our guests' belongings from the school.

Zoe: Yes, my lady.

Artemis: And, Bianca, come with me.  I would like to speak with you.

Nico: What about me?

Artemis looked at the boy.

Artemis: Perhaps you can show Grover how to play that card game you enjoy.  I'm sure Grover would be happy to entertain you for a while... as a favor to me?

Damn mom.  That's kinda manipulative, but whatever.  Grover just about tripped over himself getting up.

Grover: You bet!  Come on, Nico!

Nico and Grover walked off toward the woods, talking about hit points and armor ratings and a bunch of other geeky stuff.  Artemis led a confused looking Bianca along the cliff, and motioned for me to follow as the Hunters began unpacking their knapsacks and making camp.  Artemis led us to the first tent, and we sat down inside.  She offered us some hot chocolate.

YN: Thank you, mom.

She smiled softly at me before turning to Bianca.

Artemis: Bianca di Angelo, I'd like to invite you to join my Hunt.

I was caught off guard.  And worried.

YN: Mother...

Artemis: Do trust me, my son.  If she chooses to join me, I shall make sure she comes out alive, in all matters.

I nodded hesitantly.  Bianca turned to Zoe.

Bianca: Is it worth it?

Zoe: It is.

Bianca: What do I have to do?

Zoe told her the pledge, which Bianca repeated.

Zoe: If Lady Artemis accepts thy pledge, then it is binding.

Artemis: I accept.

The flames in the brazier brightened, casting a silver glow over the room.  Bianca looked no different, but she took a deep breath and opened her eyes wide.

Bianca: I feel... stronger.

Zoe: Welcome, sister.

Artemis: Remember your pledge.  It is now your life.

She turned to me.

Artemis: Do not despair, my son.  You can still show the di Angelos your home, and if Nico so chooses, he can stay there.

I nodded, turning to leave.  Artemis sighed, leaving the tent with me.  I followed her as she led me back to my friends.

Artemis: Dawn is approaching.  Zoe, break camp.  You must get to Long Island quickly and safely.  I shall summon a ride from my brother.

Zoe didn't look real happy about this idea, but she nodded and told Bianca to follow her.  As she was leaving, Bianca paused in front of me.

Bianca: I know you're worried about me, YN.  But I want this.  I really, really do.

Then she was gone, and I was left alone with my mother.  We reached my friends, and Percy walked over to me.

Percy: Should I call my mom?  We need to get back to Camp Half-Blood.