Lucas 2.5

Noelle washed her hands in the sink at the clinic and then began walking home. She was tired and honestly feeling pretty good. Busy day, lots of nice patients and the best of all, Moses wasn't bothering her today. Such an awesome day.

'I wonder if Lucas wants to have dinner again tonight. I didn't realize how much of a charmer he was. This time, I will pay, I ate WAYY too much when he did-'

Noelle whispered. As she walked home, all of a sudden, two people with a gurney almost ran over her.

"Woah!"

"Miss Noelle! Please! Help us!"

What crummy luck, but things happen. Noelle ran back and dropped her bag at the front and strapped her gloves back on. The Head doctor for the clinic shows up as well

"What do we got, Alive or Deceased?"

"He's gurgling, but we don't know for how long..."

That's not good. That means they might be dead already. They pulled back the blanket and Noelle unintentionally screamed....

It was Lucas...

"Step out Noelle, send someone else!"

He barked. Noelle sent another nurse. Lucas?!? How?!? She saw him last night! He dropped her off safely and gave her a kiss on the cheek! How did this happen?!?

Noelle wasn't stagnant for long, being the more experienced nurse, she was told to come in and help. She had to try and save Lucas.

"Sir, the Coroner is here"

"Not yet, we still have a pulse! Noelle, scalpel!"

"Yes sir!

The poor man was a mess, something tore out his throat, and then diced his stomache into little pieces.

"We found more blood!"

"Its not enough..."

They have brought back worse from the brink of death and they all tried their hardest. Several hours of surgery, blood transfusions, even just praying for the Goddess to save him...Unfortunately, it was all in vain.

"Time of death..."

And he was dead. Holding Noelle's hand before he went to the other world. Noelle was saddened. She even kissed Lucas's head before they turned his body over to the coroner. As she leaned outside of the tent, she watches the stars twinkling, imagining seeing his soul leave this earth.

"Fly high, Lucas..."

She whispered. The doctor and other nurses came to give their last respects to the dead. One of the doctors and nurses came out to talk to her.

"You couldn't pay me to believe that Moses DIDNT kill him. That wasn't no F-ing variant, that's for sure! A variant would maul him and we'd still be able to save him. Whoever did that, wanted him to bleed out slowly...the monster..."

The doctor nodded. It seemed like Noelle believed that as well

"Seems like the news made it around the cult already...Noelle, do you want me to walk you home?"

The doctor asked. Noelle told him that she was okay, and just wanted to be alone. She picks up her bag and walks home. The sun rises in its lovely pinks blues and oranges...but Noelle couldn't look at it. Her heart was full of sorrow and pain

"If I never mentioned his name...he'd still be alive."

Noelle thought. Her eyes felt puffy from this whole day. What an awful night that spills into daytime. Not like she was going to work anyway. As she rounded the corner to her home, some people were hustling away from the area. Someone bumps her as she picked up her things.

"Sorry miss Noelle, someone saw Moses!"

Guess who was outside her house? Moses. The murderer. The one who took her friend away. Why...why did he have flowers with him? Noelle didn't care, and she didn't even realized that she walked right past him.

"Noelle..."

He said. Noelle was putting her keys in her door. Autopilot. Moses walked around to see her face. Her eyes were hollow and empty, her eyelids pink and puffy from crying. That was what he was afraid of. Her ending up like this. He grabs her shoulder, dropping her keys.

"Noelle! Look, I bought you flowers! You like these, right?"

He tried to shove the flowers in her hands but they fell to the floor. Noelle does bend down, but only to pick up her keys and get into her house. She closes the door without another word. Moses bangs on her door for hours.

"Noelle! Talk to me right now! Please! We really need to talk!"

Noelle doesn't even remember if she ate anything that night, all she did was lay on her bed and weeped. She didn't care anymore. All she wanted to do was sleep.

"Lucas..."

She thought of the Dog she will never see again...

TBC