Now what 18

Noelle finally made it back to her room, her legs were weak from standing for the last 2 days, she was ready to pass out. On her way in, she caught a glance at Leshy and smiled weakly

"How is everything?"

"Theyre alive, not much else to report"

She said. Leshy nodded and let her go to her room. On the other side, Fernilla was besides herself with grief.

"My goddess...there is nothing you couldve done different"

"Moses! I couldve moved! I could have fought back! Anything!"

"Even if you did, he'd kill you! His hits kill their target. You being a weaker goddess could've killed you, thus, Shamura saved you, and if she was fast enough, Heket as well!"

He said. Fernilla still couldn't get it

"Why did they save me?"

"I...I don't know...when they gave you that mint, I was honestly suprised. Even their encouraging words to you... like a parent with their child. Maybe it was muscle memory"

He said. Fernilla sighed. She couldn't wrap her head around it, but she couldn't sit around. She gets up

"Where are you going my goddess?"

"To the temple, I must pray for Shamura"

"Wait! Isn't that bad for another god to pray for another?"

"What else am i going to do?!?"

She leaves her room and walks to the temple. It was eerily quiet, only the smell of incense filled the room. Inside was Heket, praying by herself with very silent music playing. She heard the door open and looked at her.

"Fernilla...Why are you here?"

She said. Fernilla hesitated for a moment, her voice barely above a whisper as she responded to Heket's question.

"I'm here to pray for Bishop Shamura..."

Fernilla said, her voice quivering with emotion. Heket turns her head

"I know it might seem unusual for one god to pray for another, but I can't just sit idly by after what they did for me. And you as well..."

Heket nodded, her expression softening.

"I understand, Fernilla. Shamura's sacrifice was... unexpected, to say the least. But it showed a side of him we didn't know existed. A softness for a stranger. Come"

Fernilla approached the altar, where a small, flickering flame symbolized the presence of the gods. She lit a stick of incense and began her prayer.

"Great Shamura, you have shown me kindness when I least expected it. I don't know your reasons, but I am grateful for your intervention. Please watch over me, my fellow gods, and this world."

Heket joined Fernilla in prayer, and together, they offered their thanks and hopes for Shamura's well-being. As they prayed, they felt a strange but powerful energy fill the temple, as if their words were echoing through the divine realm itself.

"What was that?"

"You never felt that before? The "God" is pleased with your prayer and has given you comfort"

"That was...a nice feeling"

She said. Heket gives a small smile.

"Naiive goddess..."

She lifts her chin to meet her gaze. Her normally icy gaze is softer now, looking down at the naive goddess.

"So much to learn...so delicate like snow but strong like Ice..."