Chapter One

"We're sorry for your loss."

As soon as the police said this, Rody felt like he couldn't breathe. No. No, no, no, this can't be right. She couldn't be- gone- It was too early for that, no.... Yet Rody knew it was true. It was all adding up, he just refused to admit it. How she never called him back, how she suddenly went missing for so long, how she would never answer. She didn't answer.... Manon, the love of his life, she couldn't- she couldn't leave so soon! She was the one he was waiting for all his life-she was- was- the tears finally came as realization and acceptance struck him. Something broke in him as hit the floor and cried. He didn't know for how long, and he didn't care. He cried until the floor was wet with tears, and he felt like he was shattered into pieces, heartbroken to know that it was confirmed- Manon, who was his everything, was dead.

♡ · ♡ · ♡ · ♡ · ♡

After a few attempts, Rody, his arms still shaking, was able to pick up the phone and dial a number. After a few seconds, a voice picked up at the other end.

???: Hello?

Rody: H-Hi, Vincent... I just w-wanted to know- if the position for the waiter is still open-? S-something came up and I r-really need the job-

Vincent: Alright, sure, you can start tomorrow again then.

Rody: T-Thanks.

♡ · ♡ · ♡ · ♡ · ♡

With a shaky sigh of relief, Rody hung up and flopped down on his couch. He couldn't sleep. He felt like he had lost all purpose to live- Manon was his everything- literally. He did everything for Manon- he made money for her, he cleaned up whenever she came over, he practically lived for her. He loved her. He probably wouldn't be able to sleep for a while. He didn't even know how he was going to be able to turn up at work tomorrow. All night, Rody lay wide awake, unable to sleep. He was broken into pieces inside. 

(Sorry for the short first chapter, I'll try my best to make the chapters longer!)

-End of Chapter 1-