Prologue

It was a small fishing village. Good for nothing more than their daily catches at sea and home-cooked dishes of seafood curries. Truthfully, there was nothing in particular about Lurelin Village that stood out to anyone: after all, it was only known for the extravagant and large fishes and crayfish they caught. Not many people had even heard of the quiet, unnoticed village.

It really was just that unknown. I̶ a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ m̶i̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶ v̶i̶l̶l̶a̶g̶e̶ w̶h̶e̶n̶ p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ b̶o̶t̶w̶ a̶n̶d̶ o̶n̶l̶y̶ s̶t̶u̶m̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ u̶p̶o̶n̶ i̶t̶ b̶y̶ a̶c̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶-̶

If you listened carefully, over the crashing waves eroding the sandy shores, over the bustling of trading seafood, even over the crackling of fish being cooked over the roaring flames, you could hear a feisty and resilient 17-year-old girl, practising with a small sword she had never given up on.

Though no trader could see, no traveller could notice, she was the most unordinary resident of the fishing village.

For one, she hated, abhorred wearing the traditional clothing they wore - she preferred a much different approach in her everyday-wear. She wore a buckled and worn-out t-shirt, which carried three small pouches she'd probably never use and cropped trousers that took a while for her to make herself (not really, it was just a matter of fact of taking something sharp and tainting her trousers). She looked like one of the travellers instead of an actual villager.

She had (e/c) eyes, which reflected in front of her on her minuscule sword, that looked as if it was once a toy (the edges were rather blunt like a butter knife, in all honesty).

Her messy (h/c) hair flew in rhythm to the wind, reflecting her calmness with nature... yet with some sort of hidden rebellious, feisty aura that was almost unnoticeable.

Well, there's probably a question everyone's been thinking for a while now.

Just who is she, I hear you ask?

What's so special about her?

Her name: (y/n) (l/n). Just the daughter of a fisherman and inn-keeper. She lived in a humble cottage, built with a doorway to the inn and it didn't take her long to get used to all the early-morning noise of the fishermen going out to sea in hope for a large catch that would make enough money on the seafood markets. (Y/n) would hear the pushing and scraping of boats, unwinding of rope and excited yells.

As the daughter of an innkeeper, she had quite a few more chores to help around with, as it was practically only her, her mother and younger sister helping out around the inn, while her two younger brothers would learn how to fish with their father. It could get quite hectic, especially when the rare occasion of travellers from Hyrule or merchants looking for new things to buy came to stay at their inn. She also had the job of looking after their grandmother, who had become very poorly over the past few years from an illness that never seemed to go away.

Folks had rumoured her grandmother to have bouts of insanity, always assuming there was much more than just an elderly old woman sitting in her creaky rocking chair. Eerie enough to be witch-like, they would say.

It wasn't a job, (y/n) saw it as something she must do, as her grandmother was there for her, supporting her in the dream that seemed so impossible to make a reality. Her grandmother always told stories of what it was like in Hyrule - even what it was like before Hyrule was at peace. Grandma Merilyn sure did remember a lot for someone her mother said was forgetful, though had said so in a much more impolite manner.

Everyone in the village called her grandmother senile, telling (Y/n) to not listen to a word she said, yet she ignored them without hesitation. Even though her grandmother would sometimes answer her questions with numbers, or prove to suffer from memory loss - or even that her smile seemed slightly confused, it didn't matter.