Chapter 7: Scintillating

"You can make the trees however you want. Crooked or straight. All trees don't grow straight, they grow however they want as long as they're happy."

-Bob Ross

     It was now the weekend. My mom had informed me that she had a another flight to get to and that she had to work on earlier this morning.

Her boss was incredibly strict of her getting multiple days off even though she was supposed to.

I then decided to text her.

Me:
when should we meet
up?

I then heard a notification from my phone.

Girlie:
3:00?

I reply with a thumps up emoji and turn my phone off. It was only 12:00 p.m. I made scrambled eggs and ate it as I watched TV.

     He wasn't home since he was probably with his 'co-workers'.

     Once I finished eating, I washed my dishes and went straight upstairs and studied for a bit before washing up to head out.

I checked the time and it was 2:32 p.m. so I decided to head out earlier.

I took the bus as usual and headed the way to her place. I used the best of my ability to try to remember where it was.

      After a while, I finally noticed the area I was in and started to head the way.

     I saw that she was waiting outside ger front gate which had a few security guards.

     She waved to me and I waved back. I quickly walked over to her.

She was getting more and more comfortable with me each day.

Once I reached her, she latched onto my arm and I followed her lead.

We went straight up to her room and began working on the project. We both wanted to get it over with.

She didn't like having to wait to finish an assignment and I hated knowing that I had a project to finish.

I much rather finish it right away.

* * *

We finished about two hours later. We played a couple card games such as Tens and Speed.

A knock came from the door a few minutes later an a brother of hers walked in with a tray of food in his right hand.

"Here's your food, ladies." he said with a smile. It was the brother that sat yesterday with us.

     The girl-whatever her name is- became all red and whispered something in his ear that made him chuckle.

     "Thank you," I told him as I smiled back in reply.

     The tray was filled with a variety of fruits and vegetables sorted out in a way thaf made it all extremely fancy.

     I then ate an apple slice from the tray. It was heavenly.