Chapter 13: He

Without a second thought, I immediately went to her.

     I grabbed her hand and pushed her behind me.

     "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" she asked going up to me. "I'm just knocking some sense into the mute bitch-"

Before I knew it, I slapped her across the face. She backed up but tripped on something, making her fall to the ground again.

I bent down to her level. "Try this again and I'll really fuck you up." I whisper in her ear. "Just, like, the, other, times."

"You think you're all that?" she snapped. "No wonder you live in such a shitty house with your mom who's a slut-"

I immediately started punching and kicking her until she coughed up blood.

I grabbed her by her shirt. "Try saying that shit again."

She looks away and doesn't say anything else. I drop her to the ground and go to the bathroom-pulling the girl with me.

While on the way there, all these thoughts floated in my head.

I shouldn't have done that.

I've already promised my mom I wouldn't get into shit like that again.

We went in there together. I locked the door.

"You have a hand mark!" I told her. I couldn't stop laughing. She laughed along until she saw something.

She was shaking.

"It's all my fault. ." she muttered as tears fell.

"I-I made you get hurt. . ."

She touched the bruise near my eye. I looked in the mirror and realized the foundation just wiped away.

"Oh this?" I questioned.

"She could never cause this bad of a wound like this." I told her.

"Then what happened? I-if you don't mind."

"My dad." I said nonchalantly.

She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes. "I'll be fine," I reassured her.

I got foundation out of my jacket and carefully started to put it on her. We have similar skin tones but I blended it in so it didn't seem off. Someone then started to bang on the door.

"Open the god damn door Licia!" someone yelled outside of the bathroom.

"Is that your name?!" I blurted out of shock.

She started bursting out laughing. "It's just a nickname. It's Felicia."

"That's so cute!" I told her. We both started to laugh together, ignoring the banging on the door.

"You really didn't know?" she asked.

"Girl, you only said your name on the first day you got here and I wasn't paying attention!"

"I wanna start calling you Licia now!" I told her excitingly. "Call me Via." I said, winking at her and she laughed.

The banging on the door continued and I opened the door.

"What do you want?!" I abruptly asked.

Both of her brothers were out there waiting for the door to open.

"What the hell happened to you?" the bitchy brother asked me.

He grabbed my face to examine the bruise near my eye.

     "What the fuck are you doing bro?!" I yelled out as I tried to push him away from. And, I failed.

     Surprisingly, after last night, we got closer even though all we did was compete with each other.

     Her other brother went to Licia-Licia! I finally know her name! I can't forget it now. . .

     "Did Briana do that?" he said with a murderous tone.

     "You think she can do something like this?" I told him, emphasizing the word "she" as I looked at him up and down.

     "Then who did?" he answered, giving me an odd look.

     "And why do you want to know?" I asked him.

     Just when I asked, I noticed the time and it was almost time for class.

     "Oh shit!" I blurted out. "Class is starting soon!" I yelled out to them. I quickly put on foundation.

"I'm heading out first!" I yelled out once I finished.

I waved bye to Licia and started to go and leave for class.

* * *

"And why are you late?" Mr. Adegbite asked that one annoying brother of hers.

People began muttering to each of about how his knuckles were bloody and he had a bit blood of his shirt-which was white.

He slammed down a piece of paper on the table. "Happy now?" he said, looking straight at the teacher.

     Mr. Adegbite analyzed it and then accepted it.

     He turned around and took his seat.

He pulled out a paper and pencil and drew a grid on there. He slid me the paper which said connect 4?

I couldn't help but smile at that and did my move.