Chapter 8: "What?!?"

The thought of him knowing where I lived began to freak me out.

     I've never mentioned it anywhere really. Especially never to him.

     What if he's a stalker?

     Although I had no proof of it, I'd have to take caution of him and watch out. I wouldn't anything bad happening such as getting kidnapped.

     My heart began beating fast as the thought of having a stalker. It would be terrifying for me.

     But maybe I was just overthinking everything.

     A part of me thought stop trying to gaslight yourself!!

     Then again, I had no real proof at all.

     I decided to not think about it. Tomorrow was Sunday and I could relax and be about myself.

     I enjoyed walking around parks for fun on Sundays since it was the day before a new week of school began anew.

     Before I went to sleep, I watched a couple of episodes of a show I enjoyed.

     After doing so, I went straight to sleep.

* * *

     "Hello, Via!" Mr. Nguyen shouted out to me from afar.

      I looked around for him and waved back. I ran to him and he smiled at me happily.

     "Hi!" I replied to him.

     He gave me a sweet smile and said, "Let's walk!" he said with enthusiasm.

     It was getting colder and colder since we were getting close to December.

State tests were also coming up.

     "How's your schooling?" Mr. Nguyen asked me as we walked along the pathway.

     "Same as always." I answered.

     "Straight A's"

     I nodded to him and smiled. "Of course."

     He laughed at that and I laughed along with him. I enjoyed seeing him smile.

     He walked slower and slower bit by bit as we walked together.

     "Do you want to sit down over there?" I proposed. He nodded as we made our way to a bench on the side.

Once he sat down, he loudly sighed and took a deep breath.

"Via," he said, taking a pause.

"Mhm?"

"I'm closing down the restaurant." he continued.

I quickly looked over to him with a shocked face. "What?!?" I shouted, unconsciously standing up.

"Take a seat," he slowly uttered, grabbing my arm to pull me back.

"When did you decide this?" I whispered as I sat back down. I couldn't comprehend this.

"A week ago. . ."

"And you didn't tell me?" I mumbled. I felt tears starting to form.

He dug into his pocket and pulled out tissue.

"I've waiting for the perfect time." he said, carefully wiping my tears.

"But why are you closing it?" I pondered.

"I got a job offer to be a per-senall chef." he explained, completely messing up the word "personal."

"It's personal." I told him as I laughed.

"Close enough," he shrugged as he laughed along.

We took a moment of silence to take in the nature around us. The weather was nice but windy.

"When are you closing it?" I asked.

"By the end of next week," he shared. He loudly sighed and laid back onto the bench.

     "shall we continue walking?"

     I nodded my head in agreement and we both got up at the same time.

     I held his hand so it would be easier for him to stand and we then continued to walk.

     "The weather is veryy nice today." he announced.

     He looked up at the sky.

     The park wasn't busy at all. There was barely anyone here which was nice since it felt like we had the entire park to ourselves.

     Once our walk ended, we both began walking to his restaurant.

     I couldn't help but still feel unsteady about this entire thing.

     He announced to me all so suddenly but I couldn't dare to object to him. It was odd to me.

     He unlocked the doors and opened it up.

     I turned on the lights and turned the sign on as he got everything ready.

     Phones started to ring later on throughout the day as it got more and more busy.

     And the rest of the day went just like this.