A New Beginning

And it would've been fun

If you would've been the one

2023

It was the beginning of my best friend Logan's debut season in F1. There was some kind of welcome party where all the drivers on the grid would get together and Logan was taking me as a plus one. Mainly because I just wanted to meet Charles Leclerc and Logan knew it. We didn't know who the new drivers were because F1 had kept it as a surprise for when everyone met each other. Only downside of this was my ex might be there.

"Logan do you think he'll be there? Because I don't think i could deal with it." I said to my best friend.

"I know you're upset Lana but it's been years, he's changed a lot." Logan responded while packing his bag for the party.

"What if she's there though? Then what?"

"Then you put on a smile, come get me and I'll stay with you for the rest of the night. Hurry up, I'm driving" 

-------------------------------

lanipage Party ready in Ferrari colors (also carsick @logansargeant how can you be so bad you're an f1 driver now)

user1 i love logan and lani content

user2 yess it reminds me of 2021 vlogs

logansargeant photo creds to me

lanipage bad driving creds can go to you too

Logan and I walked through the door met with flashing lights that could have probably turned me blind and loud music which would also turn me deaf. Logan turned to me and said something I couldn't understand. "What?" I yelled back. He just grabbed my hand and led me to a group. 

"Lani this is my teammate Alex. Alex this is my friend Lani."

"Hi it's so nice to meet you" I said, holding out my hand and Alex shook it. We spoke for a bit before Logan dragged me around, saying hello to various drivers he knew. Since Logan was a rookie this year he had to meet a lot of people, and I felt a bit awkward just tagging along. I was standing on the outside of a circle saying the occasional word to Alex, George or Logan before I heard someone say "excuse me" behind me. I saw Logan's eyes widen and immediately knew it was someone really famous. Please be Charles Leclerc, I thought to myself.

I turned around and froze at the boy standing behind me. Brown eyes met mine as the shocked looked on his face probably matched mine. 

But then my ex-boyfriend, Oscar Piastri, just smiled at me.

"Hey."

A/N: first proper chapter is a cliffhanger and short, i promise only one more short chapter and then we get to the longer ones, just bear with me

~cara