1.2

Hadiya and Luke were wrong when they told me I should have come to this party. Right when we got here Hadiya disappeared leaving me alone with Luke, and that meant him going over to where the basketball players were; which meant I would see Ian. Just my luck.

"Hey, do you want a drink?" Luke whispers in my ear, the loud music and dancing bodies surround us. I shake my head no. Luke pulls me closer when a drunk couple bumps into us.

"Actually I think I am going to go" I pull away from Luke so I can face him.

"Adia, we just got here, we can't just leave." Luke pouts, making me laugh a little.

"You can stay." I begin to walk away but Luke grabs my arm.

"Adia, I would never let you walk to your dorm alone. How about we compromise?" Luke says seriously

"Compromise?"I ask

"Yes, we stay for an hour just long enough to drink one drink and talk to some of my teammates." I gave him a face letting him know that I didn't like the idea at all "Listen don't let Ian take your joy away, you have every right to be at this kickback. Show him you're with the better guy." Luke jokes

"You're something better?" I question seriously, Luke rolls his eyes at me.

"Babe don't embarrass me" Luke brings me into a loose hug "Our hour starts when we walk over there" Luke points to his teammates, who seem to be having the time of their lives.

"How about when I get my drink?" Luke shakes his head at me.

"Deal" Luke places his hand on my lower back bringing me even closer to him, we start walking in the direction of his teammates, and not the direction of the drinks.

"Where are we going?" I ask, trying to break away from his hold.

"Where do you think the drinks are?" Luke laughs at me, I groan as we continue to walk towards his teammates.

"Finally you came," One of Luke's teammates says to him as we make it over to where they are. "I thought you said you weren't coming tonight?"

"I wasn't going to come, but my beautiful date here wanted to see what all the fuss was about." Luke jokes with his teammate.

"Well, hello beautiful, I'm Sam and you are?" Sam asks me. This was the same Sam that's Ian's best friend; should I tell him my name or should I just ignore his presence? I know Ian wouldn't be okay with me talking to Sam so freely. However, I don't want to seem rude; after all, it is Sam's party.