1.3

*FOUR YEARS LATER*

*FOUR YEARS LATER*

"Adia, I know I made a promise that I would be there for you the whole two weeks, but I have to work the first week. However, I will come the second week" I glared at my Bluetooth car even though I knew Luke couldn't see me. I just hated the fact my parents made me feel so bad about not coming home to see them for four years.

"Luke, it's fine I just didn't want to do this alone. Hidaya won't be here until the second week either; what am I supposed to do without you guys?" I say more to myself but I knew Luke heard me. It's been four long years since I last saw him. Four years since he used me for sex; for some, it sounds like I'm just holding on to the past, and I need to move on.

"Adia just hang in there for me? Please? I already feel bad enough; I don't want to feel even worse about myself" Luke fake cries on the phone. I giggle at his silliness, wondering how I became so lucky to have a friend like him.

"Mommy?" I look in the rearview mirror seeing my three-year-old Adisa. She looked just like him, except for her skin complexion, eyes, and lips which were mine. Everything else was him; it pained me to see her but I love my baby dearly. She was my blessing that came at a very dark time for me.

"Yes, sweetie?" Adisa frowns at me as she plays with the teddy bear Luke had brought her before we left.

"It's not nice to laugh at Uncle Luke when he's crying, you make him sad" Adisa frowns her little nose at me. Even though she was only three years old she was very articulate, and smart. Sometimes I forget that she's even three with the way she talks, but then I remember that she's his child.

"Ah, has my little angel woken up from her nap?" Luke's voice booms through the car speaker, making Adisa giddy with happiness.

"I did!" Adisa says clapping her small hands "I had a good dream"

"What did you dream about?" Luke and I ask at the same time which makes Adisa jump with joy in her car seat.

"I dreamed that Uncle Luke and Mommy got married. So Uncle Luke would become my Daddy" Adisa sounded so hopeful; I didn't want to break my baby's heart. However, I didn't really know what to say to her.

"I have been praying that this dream becomes our reality every day Adisa, but your Mother is very stubborn." Luke's serious voice causes me to take him off of the car speaker.

"Adisa put your headphones on and watch a movie," I say to my precious child

"Okay Mommy" Adisa's sad little voice breaks me, but I didn't want Ian giving her false hope. Once I knew Adisa wasn't listening to our conversation anymore I turned my attention back to Luke.