Chapter 5: Annoying Brat-gyu

Haeyong's POV

Haeyong's POV

As I walk into the classroom, I can't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. Today feels like it's going to be a great day.

Mr. Park shuffles into the classroom, his rumpled clothes and sleep-deprived expression making him resemble a zombie more than a teacher. I can't help but chuckle.

Mr. Park Chanyeol, our lovable but hapless homeroom teacher, is known for his clumsiness and forgetfulness, which often get him into trouble.

He can't even recall the lesson he's supposed to be teaching, earning him the nickname 'Tall Idiot' among students.

Despite his best efforts, he frequently finds himself in comedic misadventures that leave us laughing.

Mr. Park takes attendance and then unexpectedly announces that he will be rearranging our seats before proceeding with his lecture. My smile drops as I realize I will no longer sit with my friends.

As Mr. Park calls out the new seating assignments, I hear my name paired with Choi Beomgyu's.

"Choi Beomgyu-ssi, you will be sitting with Lee Haeyong," Mr. Park announces, his voice firm. "I want a smart student like her to help you. Your grades are getting lower and lower."

No! No! No! I don't want to sit with Choi Beomgyu! He's an annoying brat!

This was not Mr. Park's plan. I know that for sure. Beomgyu has somehow managed to manipulate the seating arrangement to his advantage, and I am the unlucky victim.

As the son of Mr. Choi Siwon, one of the school's esteemed teachers, Beomgyu has a certain level of influence and privilege that he isn't afraid to use.

I groan inwardly as Beomgyu makes his way to my seat. He is already grinning at me, his bright eyes sparkling with mischief.

It's not that I hate him. But Beomgyu's just so... exhausting! If I treat him with kindness, even for a moment, he'll take it as a green light to continue bothering me. It won't stop.

I've tried being nice, I really have. I've tried to see the good in him, to appreciate his enthusiasm and energy. But it's just so... draining.

"President~" Beomgyu calls, looking at me with a smile. I can't help but frown hearing his voice.

I try to ignore him, but he keeps poking my arm, his fingers jabbing me like a pesky mosquito.

"Stop it, Beomgyu!" I glare at him. I sigh and rub my temples, feeling a headache coming on. "Why are you so annoying?"

He grins, his eyes sparkling with mischief, as he leans against the desk beside me. "I'm just trying to keep things interesting, President! You're so serious all the time. I'm just trying to bring a little joy into your life."