Chapter 2: The Class President

Jaemin's POV

Jaemin's POV

"Thank you, Jaemin." Chaeryeong says to me with a smile. I smile back, and she blushes.

I’ve always known that Chaeryeong likes me. And I'm not trying to give her false hope by helping her with her assignment. She’s been helping me with my things lately, and I'm just returning the favor. I'm simply being nice to her, that's all.

The bell finally rang, signaling that lunch is over. I return to my seat and sit down, watching my classmates file into the classroom. Some of them start goofing around, while others take their appointed seats.

It’s been about five minutes already, and the teacher hasn’t arrived yet, so I decided to take a short nap.

Just then, the classroom door opens, revealing my best friend, Jeno, and the girl I love dearly, Haeyong.

Lee Haeyong, the Class President, a perfect mixture of beauty, brains, and strength, captivating everyone and making her stand out in a crowded room, and I find myself irresistibly drawn to her.

Her perfection is almost overwhelming, her presence powerful, commanding attention and respect.

Her scary aura and cold exterior may make it challenging to get close to her, but once you break through, you'll discover a warm and caring individual.

She’s the girl everyone looks up to, the one teachers praise and parents adore. And yet, despite all her accomplishments, she remains humble and kind.

And for me, she’s the one who makes my heart happy, the one I love with all my heart.

She’s the one who changed me, who made me realize that my past ways were shallow and unfulfilling.

To be honest, I used to be one of the school’s most notorious heartbreakers, a true red flag, perhaps.

I had a reputation for charming girls with my good looks and charisma, only to leave them heartbroken and humiliated when I got bored. It was a game to me, a way to pass the time and feed my ego. And I was good at it. Too good.

But it’s something I'm deeply ashamed of now. Looking back, I realize how cruel and selfish I was, breaking hearts and crushing dreams without a second thought.

It was a toxic pattern, and I knew it. But I didn’t care. At least, not until I met her.

Lee Haeyong changed everything.

She’s the kind of girl I never saw coming, and our connection is a messy, unplanned affair—the exact opposite of how I wanted it to happen.

My initial intention was to break her heart in the most brutal and painful way possible. She’s like ice - beautiful, but impenetrable. A challenge I couldn’t resist. I wanted to be the one to shatter her frozen facade, to see her melt beneath my touch.