My cards are on the table, yours are in your hand

Y/N L/N

As I walked the Hogwarts' corridors, I was expecting to find some sort of relief going through my body when Harry approached me as if nothing had happened during the holidays... but I didn't, I just felt embarrassed.

"Hey Y/n" he said with a kind smile, which I awkwardly returned.

"Hi Harry" I replied, hoping Hermione or Ron... or anyone would join in on our lively conversation.

"Already fourth year, I low-key cannot believe it"

"Right..." I chuckled. "I wonder where Draco is"

"Draco? As in... Draco Malfoy?"

"Whom else?"

"I don't know... why are you looking for him, anyway?"

"Because he's my friend" I replied and he scoffed. Is he... jealous? I hoped he would be.

"You shouldn't associate yourself with people like him"

"Well, he's in Slytherin, I'm also in Slytherin... it's kind of... well, obvious I would talk to him"

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes. There was some awkward silence, I secretly hope he would say something referring to what had happened, but he didn't... I guess it's better that way - for him, at least. "Oh, look, there's Malfoy"

I turned around and noticed Draco walking towards us. "Y/n" he smiled, I smiled back "Potter"

"Malfoy" Harry replied, both of them glaring at each other.

"I was hoping I could talk to you, alone" Draco told me, and I nodded, walking with him to Slytherin's common room.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Well, did you want to go to Hogsmeade this weekend?" he smiled and I nodded.

"I'd love to go with you" I smiled back.

"Great" he replied.

We talked for a couple of hours, he told me how his holidays were pretty average and that he hated spending that much time with his father. Me, on the other hand, told him that I had a pretty good holidays and that I got to spend time with Hermione, the Weasleys, and Harry.

"You had a good time with them?" he laughed. "I find it really hard believing anyone would have a good time with those... people"

"They're my friends, Draco"

"Oh, I know. I just wish they weren't"

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot"

"But you're here with me anyways"

"Well, yeah, we're best friends"

He smiled. "Well, we better go to class, before we're too late"

I nodded and walked to class with him. We had Divination. I was going to sit down next to Draco, but Hermione grabbed my hand, pulling me down on the chair next to her. I gave Draco an apologetic look, he just rolled his eyes. "Stupid mudblood" I heard him say under his breath.

"I will ignore that I heard that" Hermione said. "I don't want to have to turn him into a cockroach and accidentally step on him"

"Please, don't do that" I laughed.

"Fine, just because you asked"

Harry and Ron sat down on the seats behind us, saying hi to us. Hermione and I said hi back, then returned our attention to the front.