Rocsi and Arias

The woman waved at them. Upon making eye contact, both the woman and the man regarded them with hopeful expressions. Suria and Pixie resumed walking with some excitement and consternation at the sight of more humans, wanting to get closer so they could talk to them. Suria was about to say something when the woman spoke first, calling out slightly, to bridge the distance between them.

"Man, have we got a story to tell you!" An unmistakeable American accent. Or maybe it was Canadian? She continued. "Oh, sorry, I should introduce us. My name is Rocsi. That's Rocsi with a 'csi' at the end, not an 'xy'. My friend here is Arias."

"Well, friend, yes, from today. Only know you since today!" replied Arias in an upbeat tone, looking at Rocsi as he did so. He had an accent Suria found hard to place, but her initial guess was either Spanish or Portuguese. They were now all together and shaking hands.

"Hello!" said Suria cheerfully, as she greeted each of them.

Rocsi was slightly taller than Suria was, with short dark brown hair that did not quite reach her shoulders. She at first glance appeared a little tomboyish, but on closer inspection, was quite feminine, especially when she spoke. She had on a pair of blue pants that were a little like denim but with a softer, more flexible look. Her tee-shirt was a deep red, and her black boots were a different colour to what the she and Pixie were wearing but were clearly made of same material. Rocsi radiated charisma but possessed it as a way of cheering others up, rather than trying to override them or intimidate them. Arias was about the same height as Rocsi, with short, dark hair. He was quite handsome. He too was wearing blue denim-like flared pants, and a striking purple and blue chequered shirt that had attractive black metallic buttons. He had a pair of black boots on as well.

Suria had sadly already half-guessed, because it was logical more than anything, that these two people were also lost and had no memory. She expected this to be confirmed at any moment and was almost chuckling to herself at the inevitable confirmation she knew was coming. First, though, Suria felt she should do some introductions. She sensed Pixie was a little disturbed at seeing more people who appeared lost, so she took control.

"Hi, I'm Suria, and this is Pixie. Welcome to our village!"

This statement greatly pleased both Rocsi and Arias, judging by the delight showing clearly on their faces. They both radiated peace and gentleness, leaving a lovely first impression on Suria. She was encouraged by this. These people would be good companions and would make life easier for herself and Pixie, regardless of how much or how little help they could give in finding out where they were and how they'd gotten here.

"We're so happy you're here!" By Rocsi's tone, Suria knew what she was about to hear, but stayed respectful and allowed them to tell their own story first.

"How I say this?" Arias paused momentarily. "We don't know who we are."

Of course. Of course you don't know who you are. Suria did admirably well to feign concern, and she glanced at Pixie, whose expression was quite sympathetic. Suria knew Pixie was putting this on, so she replied. "But you know your names?"

"Yes, we do, and we think we know where we come from." Rocsi was optimistically enthusiastic. Suria liked this immediately. Pixie evidently did as well, as she responded this time.

"Okay, but you don't know where you are at all?"

"No."

Pixie's bravado lasted one sentence. She turned to Suria who, without missing a beat, broke the news.

"I'm so sorry guys. We're lost too. And we have no memory of who we are either." She faked a smile. It was probably not going to convince them of anything, but she had to try. By their instant expressions of disappointment, Rocsi and Arias were clearly not expecting this. Suria continued anyway, as cheerfully as she could.