Fearful Memories

"What do you think, Le? I know it must be hard for you. You just got here and this all has happened on top of a long walk and a difficult night last night." As Rocsi talked, she glanced at Arias, who was also regarding her with a sympathetic expression. He seemed liked such a nice man, on first impressions, and again now.

She flashed an appreciative smile at both of them. "It so hard to understand. So much happen in two day. I wake up day before and I not have memory. Like you all. I don't know anything about this place, and then –"

"Shh. There's more!" Suria's elevated voice cut through the chatter. They all stopped talking and turned to face the screen, all at the same time.

More words indeed.

YOUR PRESENCE HERE IS WELCOMED AND APPRECIATED. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR NATURAL SURROUNDINGS AND FEEL FREE TO EXPLORE THE LOCAL AREA. USE ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT WITHIN THE VILLAGE AT YOUR DISCRETION. LOOK AFTER EACH OTHER AS BEST YOU CAN AND WORK TOGETHER TO SUSTAIN THE VILLAGE.

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER MESSAGE IN TWO WEEKS. BE WELL.

Two weeks! That was such a long time. Especially since, to Le, the past thirty-six hours had felt like forever. This time, there wasn't as much immediate discussion. Rais and Gimi were talking quietly together and Gimi broke from that, speaking to the group in a voice that overrode all conversations that were just beginning as a result of what they'd all seen.

"Everyone," he said. The rest of the group turned their attention to him. "Rais and I were thinking we should have an ordered discussion about what all of this means. That way, we can all share opinions and focus on what this all means."

"Thank you Gimi." Rais was continuing his leadership into the expanded group. "We talk a bit, then we sleep. Talk more tomorrow. One person at a time please. Hand up if you want to speak."

"Ooh, I feel like I'm at university!" Rocsi's playfulness was unrestrained. Then her expression changed to a more solemn one. "Sorry boys, couldn't help myself. Someone else, please." She cast her eyes down.

"Anyone?" Gimi was suppressing a laugh as he spoke, more at Rocsi's contrition than anything, Le suspected. A moment of silence, then he added: "Thanks Pixie, for copying the message. I don't know how much longer it will stay on the glass." It hadn't moved, however. Le glanced at her. She was simply nodding gently towards him.

Rais spoke again. "Put hand up if you want to speak. Better that way. Gimi and I choose who speak. We all share thought; whatever we think of, even if crazy."

"Yes, please. No matter how strange – all ideas and comments are welcome. Suria?" Gimi reacted to her hand going up first.

"The message says this is our village. Both Pixie and I have recently come to that conclusion too. I woke on my first morning here – five days ago now – and, you know that first thought you have as soon as you wake up? Mine was that I was home."

Gimi was nodding. "Interesting thought for sure. Might indicate that it is, but you've forgotten?"

"It's entirely possible, Gimi."

"Thanks for sharing. Prina?"

Prina, for some reason, glanced at Rivo first before speaking. He must have encouraged her to speak.

"I think we are meant to be family," she said. "Not family as in relations and marriage, but family as in being together. I am young. I don't have a lot of life experience to share. I mean I can't remember as many facts as maybe some of you. I also can't remember my family in Patna. But I love how I feel in this room, with all of you. Even so soon after being together. We have a purpose here, so it was meant to be. We have something special, too. I feel it. It is maybe too early for us all being together to say things like this, but I can't help it."