Versena

Arias had either not realised this or didn't really care. He was too busy responding to Pixie. "Oh yes, mina, I go with you!"

Rivo was next to speak. "I want to see it too! Now I have rested, I can leave any time."

Rocsi agreed. "I'm down with that. Get me on that train right away."

Rais gently interrupted. "We must make sure everyone want to go. Prina, what you think?"

Prina spoke a little more solemnly. "That walk yesterday was so hard. Even for you Rivo. It looks to me like it will be a long walk. Can we wait a few days? I will go, I just want to rest first."

"Me too." Tau spoke next. "I also think there is a hidden meaning in the message – that we need to stay here. We are supposed to sustain the village."

These words from Tau prompted Suria to once again read the words in the message from her kneeling spot next to the central table. She heard Gimi respond to Tau's words and turned to face him.

"Yes!" Gimi's deep but gentle voice had conviction in it. "That's what I was trying to say earlier. The message talks about exploring the local area. I take that to mean the immediate vicinity around the village. I'd say it's implied we don't make the trip to this place here." He pointed back at the map.

"Versena." Pixie was smiling as she pointed to it and verbalised it. Suria concurred with her joy in pronouncing the name. It promised so much to them.

"Yes, Versena." Gimi replied, grinning at Pixie.

Surprisingly to Suria, from what she already knew about his enjoyment of hiking, Rivo agreed. "I would like to walk too. But I agree now. The message say we stay in the village until we get told something else. Maybe in two weeks?"

Suria identified a dilemma and spoke up. "This is perhaps something we need to think on a little. Go or not go? We may need time to consider both options. As Rivo said, there's no rush."

Rais spoke, his words indicating he had been studying the group and found someone who he wanted to hear from. "Le, you tell me walk yesterday very hard for you. How you feel about other walk – long one this time?"

Suria turned to Le, as everyone else did. She was silent for a few moments before she spoke. "I okay if walk in a few days. Not now. We maybe wait for next message. That okay too. I trust good people here. We work together and we keep village nice. I only know how to play music so I not know what I can do for village."

Arias responded immediately to Le's words. "Music! We have music instruments here! We must show you the rest of... this place." He moved his arm expansively outwards in a circulating motion. Suria silently agreed it was time to do this. If they all were to engage with the village as the message expected them to, then they could find things to do amongst all the equipment and specialty rooms in the community centre. It was definitely time for her new friends to check out the rest of the community centre.

Arias remembered something: they had a leader. "Rais, amigo, our new leader: you okay with a tour?"

"Of course! Let us visit rest of this place. Now is our village, we learn what to do next. To take care of it, like message tell us." Rais was quite keen on the idea.

Suria got up with everyone else. Rocsi had a hold of the map as if it were something she was going to defend with her life, lest it get out of her sight. They began the tour, with Arias leading the way. If they were all to have roles, as Le alluded to, Arias was already defining his: waiter, tour guide, general nice guy, and probably handyman as well, if something needed fixing. She felt he would do just about anything if it helped others, but he was enjoying the host role at the moment. Arias first went left and into the clothing and fabric room.