Chapter 51

_ . _

Chapter 51

In the opulent chambers of Eros, where the air was often filled with the sweet scent of grape juice and the faint echoes of whispered secrets, a sudden intrusion shattered the tranquility.

Eros, reclining lazily with a goblet of grape juice in hand, watched with furrowed brows as Marcellus burst into the room, his countenance etched with turmoil.

Setting down his drink, Eros rushed to Marcellus' side, concern etched on his delicate features. "Marcellus, where have you been? You vanished without a word, and now... you return in such a state."

Marcellus, his gaze locked with Eros', released a heavy sigh before delivering the grim news. "My Prince, I'm sorry for the bad news, but Lord Samael has been abducted."

Eros' eyes widened in shock. "What?! Lord Samael was abducted? By whom? Where?"

Marcellus shook his head, urgency lacing his movements as he began to hastily gather his belongings. "There's no time to explain, My Prince. We must flee this temple."

Confusion clouded Eros' features. "Flee? Why? Is Olympus no longer safe?"

"It will become dangerous if we remain," Marcellus explained, his voice tinged with urgency. "I cannot risk facing Lord Samael's wrath unprepared. We must depart this sacred domain and seek refuge in the mortal realm."

Eros' brows knit together in defiance. "No, Marcellus. I cannot abandon Samael. We must act to save him."

Marcellus' tone turned sharp. "It's too dangerous. What if harm befalls you? Do you wish for me to lose control and bring destruction upon us all?"

"No, of course not," Eros stammered, his resolve unyielding. "But we cannot stand idly by while Samael is in peril. We must devise a plan to rescue him."

Marcellus shook his head stubbornly, his hands tightening into fists. Approaching Eros, he gently cupped his cheeks, his touch tender yet resolute. "This time, I must decide. His Majesty Erichthonius is already mobilizing to save Samael. This is not our battle. I must ensure your safety."

"But—" 

"I said no," Marcellus insisted, his gaze unwavering.

Silence fell between them, broken only by Eros' soft sobs. Marcellus watched as tears traced paths down Eros' cheeks, his heart aching at the sight of Eros' distress. Memories of their childhood resurfaced, of a time when he held power over Eros, now mirrored in this moment of helplessness.

With a heavy heart, Marcellus withdrew his hand, offering it instead to console Eros. "I know I will be useless even if I try to help, but can't we make a way to help Lord Samael indirectly? He saved my life, and I owe my life to him. He's always there to protect me, so why can't I do the same? Do I seem that week to you, Marcellus?"

Marcellus replied in a low voice, feeling guilty. "No."

Eros' tears continued to flow, his voice trembling as he spoke. "Lord Samael always believed in my strength and determination, so why can't you do the same? Don't you trust me?"

Marcellus was silent, his guilt weighing heavily on him.

Embracing Eros, Marcellus whispered words of apology, his resolve weakening in the face of Eros' tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Eros. I'll do as you say. We'll find a way to aid Samael. But promise me you'll keep yourself safe."

Eros nodded, clinging to Marcellus; their bond was strengthened by shared vulnerability. And in that moment, Marcellus knew that he would move heaven and earth to protect Eros, to ensure that the light in his world remained undimmed, even in the darkest of times.