{13}

-Third Person Point of View-

-------------------------------------------

A week has passed since the hospital visit. Sakura had run multiple test yet she was unable to determine the cause of Hinata's wavering vision or this supposed poison Sage had told her about. Sage was yet to awaken-- much to to the dismay of Raion, he spent his days in the Uchiha training compound only eating when his mother forced him to. Soon Hinata was to visit her father and update him of all that had happen. She'd bite her lips thinking about it. Though her father was no longer the cold man he used to be, Hinata still could not shake the years of fear.

Sasuke spent his time hovering around Hinata when possible and watching over Sage-- for Raions sake-- as he was at the moment. Sasuke had recalled multiple times the fatherly speech he had given the boy and the more he thought of it, the more he felt conflicted. Sasuke was indeed not one to express his emotions, and he knew not of fatherly love so how was he able to speak so easy? The words had flown out his mouth faster than he could have imagined it-- it was as if the words were not his own. His eyes narrowed at Sage breathing slowly in her hospital bed.

These kids he has been around, was it them? "Sasuke." Sakura's voice called softly, she entered the room and closed the door. "I'm sure she'd want some light in here." She chuckled walking to open the curtain slightly. Sasuke had nodded to greet her, he wasn't sure what she was here for and that made the great Sasuke Uchiha nervous.

Silence envloped the room, both adults eyes glued to the sleeping child. "..You seem more at peace.. recently." Sakura finally started, she leaned against the window, arms crossed yet her expression had a solem happiness. "Is that so." Sasuke commented shortly, he knew not where she was going with this. "I wouldn't lie to you Sasuke. I've been at your side for years. I know you... Ive known you." She smiled softly, again her gaze still on Sage.

"Sakura.." Sasuke started but was unsure of where to go. It was true he had been quite harsh to her in the past, but he had changed.. or at least he thought he did. He was not like Naruto, he knew right well of Sakura's affections for him. Which is why it stunned him the last time to see her brush past it. "You don't have to respond.. Just listen." She chuckled, "I loved you. I know you know that.. I still do, it isn't easy to forget something that you've felt for many years... but I can clearly see that we aren't meant to be.. As much as that hurts, I've been able to come to terms with it.. I-"

"I'm getting over it. I'm a grown woman now.. No longer chasing after you. I.. no longer try and force things that aren't meant for me to work." Sakuras eyes shut, she sighed, "As heavy as my heart feels... I just wanted you know that I'm letting you go Sasuke.... and you should let yourself go too. We aren't the same ninja we were three years ago. We changed, I changed.... You changed."

"I'm sorry." His voice was as quiet as a mouse. The beeping of Sage's heart moniter was louder than his voice, yet Sakura still heard him. Her emerald eyes— eyes Sasuke would not deny were beautiful— went wide and for the first time, she looked at him. She wasn't going to ask him to repeat it for she knew he wouldn't. She smiled, she smiled large and she laughed, "you dont owe me an apology Sasuke. I'm just letting out my feelings.. If anything if you forced yourself to feel something you didn't for me, then you could be sorry. If anything... I'm sorry for being overbearing and you should be sorry to yourself."

Sakura walked closer to him, "I care deeply about you. That will never change, and I want you to be happy so stop thinking you don't deserve things when you do. I know you'll be a great father..a great partner if you left yourself. People change Sasuke and I think you forget you're a person too. You aren't a monster Sasuke...."

"I will forever be here for you.." She placed her hand on his shoulder patting it firmly (shaking his bones) as she moved to walk away. "Sakura." Sasuke stopped her finally looking back, his rinnegan eye spinning, he wasn't entirely sure what to say to her.