365

I stiffened while still holding Woo Seo-hyuk's hand. It was not easy for me to accept the situation, as if my brain was broken.

'I hope you don't feel uncomfortable... holding hands with me?' [1]

When I saw my hand being naturally held in Woo Seo-hyuk's large hand, I was able to understand the meaning of what Woo Seo-hyuk had just said. Suddenly, my heart sank.

"ah......."

I couldn't hide my embarrassment at all. Woo Seo-hyuk, who saw me frozen and embarrassed, slowly let go of my hand.

"I apologize."

A feeling of emptiness came over my hands as the warm body temperature disappeared. I didn't know how to respond to Woo Seo-hyuk's apology, so I bit my lip and this time his hand came up to my face.

"Don't bite it."

"......."

"I made a mistake. It wasn't the right time, but I couldn't control my emotions at that moment."

The finger that lightly pressed against my lips as if to stop me from biting it was quickly removed. As I followed his hand and raised my head, I saw Woo Seo-hyuk's face staring at me.

From the face with a nonchalant expression as if nothing had happened... I realized he was hurt. Even though we only made eye contact, his black eyes were full of such explicit emotions that they were immediately recognizable.

In an instant, my heart became heavy. Woo Seo-hyuk's emotions, which I had never expected, and the fact that I had hurt him were all tangled in my mind.

"Han Yi-gyeol-ssi."

Woo Seo-hyuk, who had been watching me silently, spoke in a low voice.

"I didn't say this while hoping for something. I hope you don't feel uncomfortable with me approaching you, but if you do, you can be honest and say so."

Woo Seo-hyuk's hand, which reached out as if to grab my shoulder, did not touch me and instead moved away.

"If it makes you uncomfortable, I won't touch it again. I won't even leave Han Yi-gyeol-ssi's side. It's just... It is what it is. Nothing changes."

"......."

"So don't worry."

It was a comfort that penetrated into places I had not even thought of. The words that he would not leave my side even if I rejected him were deeply ingrained in my heart.

"I......."

The answer I managed to get out didn't even get halfway through before it's gone. In the end, I bowed my head without giving any answer.

***

When I opened my eyes, it was raining. I was laying down, looking out the front window, then got up.

I curled up at the bedside, patted the back of the sleeping Fox, and left the bedroom. It was late at night, almost 3 in the morning, and the dark living room was only dimly lit by the nightstand light.

Tuk, Tuduk. The sound of raindrops hitting the window continued. I was going to get a glass of water in the kitchen and go back to sleep, but I changed my mind and started walking with the glass of water in hand. I placed a chair in front of the balcony window and sat there, looking outside at the night rain.

I don't know why I suddenly woke up at this hour. And I couldn't figure out why I couldn't fall asleep again.

'What is it.......'

I felt strange. It wasn't just bad or good, it was something that was difficult to explain. I also felt a little uneasy.

I had been sitting there for a while, looking out the veranda window at the pouring rain. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice behind me.