15. ECHOES OF PAST LOVE

Samaira

Two years ago

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked, my voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and anticipation.

Vrit still had his hands on my arms, guiding me through whatever place we were in.

It was early morning when he arrived at my house, telling me to get ready because he had a surprise for me. I frowned as I got dressed, wracking my brain to figure out if today was something special—an anniversary or a milestone I had forgotten. But nothing came to mind.

To my dismay, he put a blindfold on me before we even left my house, his fingers brushing against my skin as he secured it in place. The touch sent goosebumps racing across my body, and I was pretty sure he was enjoying my reaction.

He always found amusement in teasing me, even over the smallest things.

We'd been driving for about fifteen minutes when the car stopped, and he helped me out.

His arm was firm as it held me close, steering me through what felt like a gravel path. I nearly tripped, but he was quick to catch me, his grip tightening just enough to keep me steady.

"Alright, don't shout, and don't be angry," he said, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

Vrit never got nervous.

The last time I saw him even remotely uneasy was when he asked me to be his girlfriend, right outside the gym, of all places.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement, I thought it was just a stupid crush on my side, but when he asked me, I couldn't possibly say no.

"Okay," he repeated, more to himself than to me, like he was psyching himself up for something big. I felt his breath on my neck as he started to untie the blindfold.

"Ready?" he asked, and I could hear the smile in his voice, even though he was trying to keep it together. I nodded, too curious to play it cool.

As he pulled off the blindfold, I blinked a few times, letting my eyes adjust to the light.

And then I saw it—the art studio. The art studio I have been eyeing for months.

The walls were bare, a blank canvas for me to paint my dreams on, and the light streaming in through the large windows was perfect for any artist.

There was a new easel in the corner, stacks of canvases, and a whole array of brushes and paints neatly arranged on a table.

My mouth dropped open. "Vrit, what—?" I stammered, not even sure where to start.

I turned to him, my heart racing with excitement.

He was grinning from ear to ear, clearly pleased with himself.

"Surprise," he said, wrapping his arms around me. I could feel his warmth, his heartbeat against mine. This was more than just a gift—it was a dream come true. My dream.

"You did all this for me?" I asked, still in disbelief.

"For us," he replied, looking into my eyes. "So you can create, and I can watch you do what you love."

I was speechless, overwhelmed by emotion. He'd given me more than just a studio—he'd given me a space to be myself, to express my art without constraints.

I hugged him tightly, knowing that this moment would be one I would never forget. It was a promise for our future.

And it was perfect.