Why does it always end

Sam has been gone for awhile now and Colby and I start thinking on our way to the airport and then without me realizing he booked our flight for Kansas instead. To go see Sam because even tho he'd rather be alone, it's best for him to have people around him during a time of need. I wish there was more that I could do for him but I know whats best for Sam right now is having his bestfriend by his side.
We finally made it to Kansas and we where on our way to Sam's house.

30 mins after riding in the car*

We got to Sam's house and knocked on the front door his mom answered the door and hugged Colby.

"Hi sweetie, It seems like forever since I saw you Colby you're so big now"

"Hi Mrs.G yeah it's been awhile "

"Who is this beautyful lady?"

" Hi Mrs.Golbach I'm Anna I am Colby's girlfriend and one of your son's friend."

She hugged me and told me that Sam has been talking to his mom about colby getting a girlfriend after what happened with his ex she didn't think Colby would ever date again.

" What areyou guys dong here anyways? Is Sam okay is that why you guys are in town "

"Wait Sam's not here?"

"No? I haven't seen him since the last time you guys came home.Why would he be here?"

Colby showed her his last text messages to the group chat, Her eyes has gotten wider to see the whites in her eyes and she pulled out her phone and Sam texted his mom saying.

"Hey, Mom Colby and I are taking a break on social media for awhile and taking a break from our phones I'll text you once we've decided Love you Mom."

Colby started calling Sam back to back leaving voicemail after voicemail. Still no answer...

What happened to Sam? Why did he lie about where he was staying.?