-Not Just Make Believe-

Hello there. Lioness here and I just wanted to explain the story a bit before we start. In real life, I work at a dance studio and this year for our end of year recital, we chose the theme fairy-tale and decided that instead of using one of the old fairy-tales that everyone knows, we would write our own fairy-tale. And here that fairy-tale is.

The dancers had so much fun helping to write this. From about mid-October to our Christmas showcase, they pitched ideas for what could go into the story. Ideas ranged from normal fairy-tale things like dragons and mermaids to things like aliens and meeting Josh Allen. Unfortunately, we couldn't fit all of those things into our roughly hour and a half show and we had no idea how to work Josh Allen into it at all, so the students got to pick from our long list of things and, as a writer, I had to somehow make them all fit into a story that made sense.

I did it and here it is.

Two kingdoms, the Mountains and the Valleys, sit side by side and they're ruled by two enemy queens. Queen Lilith of the Mountains is an evil queen and uses her mind control powers to lord over the Mountain people. Her daughter is named Luna. Queen Celeste of the Valleys is the opposite, a queen of light and goodness. Her son is Caleb. With one having a daughter and the other having a son, it's obvious that they fall in love. But their moms are not happy about that. So off they go on a wild adventure with dragons, mermaids, aliens, fairies, a runaway princess, pirates, elves, and a happily ever after in the end.

This was a lot of fun writing and coming up with ideas with my dancers. I hope you enjoy.

~Songs used in the recital in order~

Not Just Make Believe by Kari Kimmel.

Touch The Sky from Brave(2012)

#I'm A Ruler by Tommee Profitt(got changed on 04/28)

Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde.

#He's A Pirate from Pirates Of The Caribbean(2013)

Uncharted by The Piano Guys.

Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.

Something That I Want from Tangled(2010)

Castle On A Cloud from Le Mis/primevera by Santana.

For The Dancing And The Dreaming from How To Train Your Dragon 2(2014)

#People Help The People by Birdy.

Speechless from Aladdin(2019)

Show Yourself from Frozen 2(2019)

Sound Of War by Tommee Profitt.

Let It Go from Frozen(2013)

#Empire by Beth Crowley(cut 04/28)

Legends Are Made by Sam Tinnesz.

~intermission~

Battlefield by Jordin Sparks.

How To Believe by Bridget Meddler.

The Call by Regina Spektor.

War Of Hearts by Ruelle.

#Wild Uncharted Waters from The Little Mermaid(2023)

Je Te Laisserai Des Mots by Patrick Watson.

Into The Unknown from Frozen 2(2019)

Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus.

#Captain America from Captain America:The Winter Soldier(2014)/Indian Drum by ???

What If by Cody Fry.

Wings by Birdy.

#original song.

#Ode to Joy by Friedrich Schiller.

Pictures Of Mountains by Cody Fry.

Ever Ever After by Carrie Underwood.

*One of my friends in dance class is also on Wattpad and she has also written this story. She is KanejHEHE and I recommend reading her version of this*
**Dances I'm in, dances I've taught or my students, dances choreographed by the students, dances the whole studio is in, # means being sung or played on piano or guitar**
(Edited 04/28/24)