-For The Dancing And The Dreaming-

AN: RECITAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!

"You're Princess Luna of the Mountains?" Caleb shouted.

"Wait a minute," Luna said, holding her doll out in front of her like a shield, "I know you. You're Prince Caleb of the Valleys."

"What are you doing here?!" they both shouted.

"Do we interrupt or what?" I whispered to Daisy. What do humans do when two other humans get into a fight? As always, Daisy did not answer.

"I'm looking for my sister, not that it's any of your business," Caleb snapped.

"Oh Soul?" Luna teased, "She's with my mother right now, far away from your horrible family!"

"My horrible family?" Caleb asked, "Your mother is an evil nasty tyrant!"

"You take that back right now!" Luna growled, "At least my mother isn't selfish and arrogant."

"My mother is helping the Valleys, she is not arrogant," Caleb said.

I made up my mind to do as my fairy family did in times like this. "Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!" That might not have been the best idea because now both of them were staring at me, even the doll! How does a doll stare at someone like that?

"Who is this?" Caleb asked.

"Victoria," Luna answered, "She's my friend. We ran in here after her rabbit."

I held up Daisy. "I got her," I said. Daisy wiggled in my hands and I nearly dropped her.

"Are you evil too?" Caleb asked.

Luna hit him. "She's not evil," she growled, "Just like how I'm not evil and my mother's not evil."

"Have you even met your mother?" Caleb asked.

Luna stared at him. "Have you?" she asked. Caleb said nothing else.

I looked from one to the other. True love, and their first words to each other were yelled. Unless they talked when I was catching Daisy. What had happened while I was catching Daisy? "Okay," I said, realizing where in the woods I was, "We're all just going to take a deep breath and go and meet my family. They'll help you two get back home."

"You live here?" Luna asked, "But no humans can live in the woods."

"I'm the only human here," I told her.

"Then who's your family?" Luna asked.

"Fairies."

"Why am I not surprised?"

~time skip~

"Your mighty words astound me young prince," fairy Rose said, "But I'm afraid that we can't force your sister to come home."

"But she doesn't belong in the Mountains," Caleb said.

"She doesn't want to return home," Rose told him, "If you want to make her do something against her will, walk north-east for 20 steps, turn west, take a right at the swamp, avoid the lighting sand, and keep going until you hit the cliff. The sirens there would be happy to make her go home."

"I can't do that to her," Caleb said, outraged, "She's my little sister."

"Then leave her alone," Luna said, "She's happy in the Mountains, she likes it there. Let her stay."

"Not with the evil witch who calls you daughter," Caleb said.

Luna's eyes narrowed. "You're gonna swim and sail on savage seas boy," Rose whispered, "Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight."

"Fairies are violent," I warned, trying to be helpful.

"Good luck with that one for the rest of your life," the fairy Acorn laughed, "True love, hope you've ne'er a fear of drowning."

Caleb and Luna whipped their heads to him. "What?" they shouted together.

"You're each other's true love," I said, "Surprise."

Luna face planted onto the ground and screamed into the grass. Okay, could have handled that better. I guess it didn't help that the fairies started singing a love song around us. "To love and kiss, to sweetly hold. For the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's sorrows and delights, I'll keep your laugh inside me. I'll swim and sail on savage seas with ne'er a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me."

"Eeee, I'm still going. I'm done."

Luna screamed into the ground again.

"We cannot be true love," Caleb said, "Our mothers hate each other's guts and I would never be allowed out of the palace again if my mother found out."

Luna lifted her face from the ground. "At least my mama will let me outside," she said, "She'd just kill you if she found out. What else could she do with you?"

"Leave me alone?" Caleb suggested, "I don't want to be around you anymore than you want to be around me. I wanted to give my true love rings of gold and sing her poetry."

"Well," Luna said, "I have no use for rings of gold and I care not for your poetry."

"See," Caleb said, "There's been a mistake. We are not each other's true love."

"Fairies don't make mistakes like this," I told them, "They know what they're talking about. If they say that you're true love, then you're true love."

Luna screamed into the dirt again. A dwarf poked his head out of a hole nearby. "Keep it down up here!" he shouted, "We just got the babe to sleep!"

"Look guys," I said as the dwarf went back underground, "Take it from someone who has no part in your mothers' war, things aren't so black and white."