-Everybody Wants To Rule The World-

I didn't check up on Soul again for a few days, but I did check on Celeste and Caleb. Sadly, Soul was right about Celeste, sort of. Celeste was sure that her daughter would come back to her on her own. Maybe she was right, maybe she was wrong. Caleb was disastrous over his sister running away and Celeste tried to tell him she would come back when she realized the truth, but it was welcome to your life for him. Whatever that meant, several maids around the castle said that to him.

When I did check up on Soul, I saw her in the uniform of a Mountain guard and it was like frost coated me. "She's in the Mountains," I hissed to Daisy, "Please don't have told the secrets already." If she already had told Lilith the secrets of the Valleys, there is no turning back.

"Come on Soul," another guard said as she walked on past. Dark hair pulled back into a neat ponytail with bangs swept to the side. A black sweater like top and wide pants that swished with every step. Each Mountain guard uniform was slightly different from each other, but they all were dark. Soul's was a dark red, but other than a colorful sash tied around this new guard's waist, she was dressed in all black.

Soul followed this new guard and they entered a large dark room. Red, green, and purple stained glass windows showed the stormy sky outside. Lighten flashed, thunder roared, more guards dressed in dark colors stood along the side, and Queen Lilith sat in her throne.

She looked a lot like Queen Celeste to be honest. Warm brown hair, but she wore it down, cascading over her shoulders. Instead of a crown, she had these black horned headdress on her head. And her eyes were green, but other than that, she and Celeste could be twins.

AN:Because Lilith and Celeste were played by the same dancer in the recital.

Lilith smiled down from her throne at Soul and the other guard. "Welcome to your life Soul," she said, "I expect to find you acting on your best behavior from now on."

Soul nodded. "Of course," she said.

Lilith stood up from her throne, her green mind control magic swirling around her hands. "It's my own design," she said, gesturing wide and sending her magic everywhere, "Please Soul, help me make the most of freedom." I gulped as fear flooded my veins. Mind control magic went everywhere in the room, only avoiding Soul and the other guard with her, the only one who wore all black. "And of pleasure," Lilith added, "And as for your mother, well, nothing ever lasts forever."

"Why is she like this?" I asked myself.

Fairy Rose flew up to me. "Everybody wants to rule the world," she answered, "But only a few act on their feeling."

Cold icy fear flooded my veins. "There's a room where the light won't find you," Rose said, coming down to land on the crystal ball as the picture faded, "But don't worry, we'll be holding hands while the walls come tumbling down. When they do, I'll be right behind you." She looked down at the cloudy crystal ball. "Show me that one guard," she asked.

The crystal ball faded. The guard stood by Lilith's throne, taking her sweater off. A flowery-lacy top was underneath. More colors, though the flowers where red and the leaves were a very dark green, it was colors. Then she bent down and picked up a crown.

She put the crown on her head.

"And show me that Valley prince," Rose said.

I didn't know I could make the crystal ball show me two pictures at a time. Half of the image was that guard who now wore a crown and the other half was Caleb leaning over a book and whipping away tears. Rose gasped. "True love!" she squealed.

I blinked. "What?" I asked.

Rose pointed at the guard and Caleb. "True love!" she repeated.

Oh right, fairies could sense that sort of thing.

Oh deer, Prince Caleb of the Valleys was the true love of a Mountain guard.

Oh wait, Queen Lilith was now walking with said Mountain guard.

Oh shoot, did the guard just call Queen Lilith Mama?

Oh drat, Prince Caleb of the Valleys was the true love of Princess Luna of the Mountains.

Somewhere, wherever whoever is in charge of who falls in love with who, I'm willing to bet all the walnuts in my walnut tree that whoever makes people fall in love is laughing his or her butt off with the delight that only a match like this could make. The children of sworn enemies were true loves.

Oh snap.

What do I do now?