Next of Kin

season 1 episode 3

Tatum stood at her locker as she put her toiletries bag away. She glanced up at the sound of the door opening and saw Evan coming in.

"Hey." She said, giving him a small smile.

"Hey, Tate." He returned the smile.

"How was your session last night?" She began to section her hair to begin a french braid. 

"Oh, um." He cleared his throat, shutting his locker as he sat on the bench in front of her. "Um-"

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just wanted to let you know that I am still here for you." Buck just looked at the woman in front of him as she looked in the small mirror she had in her locker and did her hair. 

"The councelor saw me on the news and started flirting with me." Tatum froze for a moment. "And I couldn't help myself."

"You fucked your therapist?" She asked, tying the elastic at the end of her hair. 

"Yeah." He sighed. 

"I'm going to be totally honest with you, that is a new one." She leaned against the lockers as she looked at him. "But, you said she was flirting with you?"

"She was and she just kept getting closer and-"

"So she took advantage of you?"

"I wouldn't say that-"

"I would. You were in a vulnerable state and she knew that." Buck looked at her as her eyebrows furrowed. "Anyone in that postion, a therapist's positon knows better. Or at least they should." She started to get a red tint to her face.

"You're turning red, Tate." 

"I'm pissed. She shouldn't have done that." She was interupted by the alarm sounding signalling they have a call. "Thank god." 

"Tate-" Buck grabbed her hand as she went to leave. "I-I could have stopped it." He said, looking deep into her eyes. All she could do was nod.

"We should go." He nodded back as they walked out of the locker room.

"About time, let's roll!" Bobby yelled.

------------------------------

"Adult male down on the hillside. We got three kids in a bouncy house." Hen told dispatch as the team stood at the edge of the hill. 

"All right, we're gonna stage the trucks on that service road. Hen, I want you and Buck to rappel down, anchor that bouncy house. Assess the condition of those kids, start to send them down one-by-one in a basket. I'll take care of the dad. Chimney and Tate, you're gonna stay up here and work the winch." Tatum nodded, grateful she is not the one that needs to harness up.

"Hey." Chimney stopped the boss. "How come I never get to do any of the fun stuff?"

"Working the winch is fun." Bobby said.

"Damn Chim, I thought I was pretty fun." Tatum turned to follow everyone to the truck to get supplies. The comment was the last thing said. 

Tatum grabbed the winch bag, walking passed Chimney to go back to the hillside.