Chapter 4: The bondings (Pt2)

3rd POV

The  next person to spend time with Arto will be Koneko, they are now heading to ice cream shop for some sweet treat in the afternoon after the fight with Kiba in the morning, they'll buy everyone some ice cream because why not. Arto is now holding in his hand list of ice cream that each one in the peerage likes: Rias likes Matcha, Akeno likes Strawberry, Kiba likes Vanilla, Koneko likes chocolate while Arto's is a big question mark.

Koneko: You seriously haven't had an ice cream in your life ?

Arto: Yeah, where I used to live doesn't have enough resources for comfort food like ice cream and candy, it's cold, gruesome, one miss step and you'd die, we have to focus all our resource on food, they might not be delicous, but they keep us alive. Not only that, we were always in cautious mode since we were at war, so no one have time for comfort food. 

Koneko: Your family sure have a tough time there huh ? 

Arto: Yeah, I would call them my Legion, but in some ways, I can call them my family, even though we are not blood-related, we are comrades, we care for each other on the battlefield, but we were not that close when in time of peace. 

Koneko: You guys were not blood-related ? 

Arto: Yeah, in a way, Abyssgard is a place for those that were abandoned by their community: criminals, exiles, orphans,......they all come to Abyssgard to find a home, a place to belong, a reason to live, a reason to fight. Abyssgard were originated from a group of slaves, so we have high empathy for those people, we don't judge their origin, no matter who they are: a general, a noble, a commoner, a slave, a wanderer, a thieve, a murderer, a psychopath, we accept them all, there will always be place for you in the Abyssgard. For that reason, we have the most feared army, because we put everyone strong points in use, make the most out of their value: like a thieve is good at stealthy mission, all we need is to improve is his/her fighting ability, leaning toward assasin path, a noble can be the person to call when you need to make money, their knowledge was the reason why Abyssgard was one of the richest group in my world, a general is the person to call when you need tactical thinking, we rarely lose a war because of them, murderers are well, murderer,............. there are so much more to mention.

Koneko: That is an interesting story, indeed, everyone would love to hear this, especially President, she would keep you awake all night to tell her stories.

Arto: Oh, were're here, wow, this is big, they have a store that only sell ice cream ?

Koneko: Yes, now let's head in and figure out which ice cream you like.

They head in the store, and the scent of ice cream flocking Arto's nose, he look around to see tens of flavor, after a while of choosing, tasting, considering, Arto finally chose mint for today. They are cool, sweet, fragrant, and suit his taste perfectly. Arto and Koneko is now heading home with an ice cream bag for everyone. Suddenly, a woman show him a flyer with a white cat on the flyer.

Woman: Have you seen a cat like this ? Please tell me.

Arto: Nope, how about you Koneko ?

Koneko: Me neither.

Arto: *Take the flyer from the woman's hand* We'll call you if we saw your cat, don't worry

Woman: Thank you so much. *Leaves*

Koneko: You needlessly get us job in a Sunday afternoon, when we should enjoy ourselves and realx.

Arto: You'd think otherwise then you see this *Show her the flyer*

Koneko: 1 million yen for the person who finds the cat !?

Arto: Big money, yes ? *Koneko nods* Then let's go home and put these ice cream in the fridge then we'll find this 1 million yen worth cat. So 50/50 ?