𝒾𝒾𝒾, salty seas.

chapter three, salty seas
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

chapter three, salty seas▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ONE MOON LATER.

A moon had passed since Alana's arrival, she was getting used to being in Kings Landing. If Alicent wasn't taking with Alana about things, She and Helaena would usually sit in the gardens, picking flowers and watching for insects.

"I have heard that Prince Daeron is to be leaving soon, after the wedding." Alana spoke, looking at Helaena who had a spider crawling over her hand; the sight made Alana squrim.

"Yes, Oldtown. Grandsire says it is for the best.." Helaena spoke, the sun shining off of her silvery waves. "He hasn't even been home for a year yet..it is for the best tho."

Alana frowns and nods, looking down at the flower in her hand; spinning it around in her fingers.

"I su-" Alana begins but is interrupted by Helaena.

"Fire and Ice will meet." Helaena blurts out, Alana had gotten used to her little riddles she sometimes spoke, but it always surprised her when she spoke out of the blue like that.

Alana looks at Helaena, who blinks rapidly, "I apologize."

"..Tis alright." Alana nodded.

The both of them were left in an uncomfortable silence, until Helaena spoke. "Your brother surely is coming to the wedding on the morrow?"

Alana nodded, "yes, him and his lady wife are coming on the morrow.."

"Your excited to see him?"

"Yes, very much." Alana smiled, fidgeting with the hems of her navy blue dress. "And when is your wedding to Aemond?"

"Mother said a few moons after yours and Aegons,  perhaps you'd be with a babe by the time."  Helaena smiled putting the spider down on the grassy ground, the spider crawling away.

Alana had forgot about her duties after marrying him, that she was supposed to bare him children and so on. "Uhm, perhaps I will."

"I'm sur-" Helaena spoke happily before a shadow flew over them, Alana and Helaena turning their heads up to the sky.

Vhagar the large green dragon, flew overhead. Her wings and roar was loud, it almost bursting Alana's eardrums. Alana had seen a dragon once, Syrax, the Princess Rhaenyra's dragon at one of Helaena's name day celebrations who was kind enough to show her a far away Syrax, but that was it.

Alana's mother Gilliane had read to her all the books about dragons, the conquest and anything after that or even before.

Just as if Helaena read Alana's thought she said. "Perhaps I can show you Dreamfyre one day. It had been a while since I had last seen her."