Chapter One

Hi! I just want to be clear about the fact that this is not going to be canon compliant, I honestly am not the most avid Marvel Movie fan, I just love reading the silly little Marvel fanfics. This will be mostly romance based, it is also going to be my first attempt at writing smut so we'll see how that goes. I also don't plan on this being a slow burn, so let's not expect some real intense relationship building. These fools are obsessed with each other and are not subtle.

It is going be in a similar format of all the peak PJO x Marvel fanfics that have all the Avengers living in the tower together like a happy little family because it makes my heart happy. Enjoy the first chapter <3333

Bruce Banner had a problem.

As far as problems went, he supposed that his problem could admittedly be worse.

The problems he's been used to having since he joined the Avengers were usually of the world-ending variety. Some of the times they involved the green rage monster he semi-regularly turned into, and almost all of the time they involved Tony Stark. But this time, none of the above were true. No, this time his problem involved only one person, and her name was Dr. Jaimie Solace.

Dr. Solace was hired only two weeks ago as his first ever lab assistant. Since the alien attack on New York in 2012, the Avengers had chosen to move in together in Avengers Tower so as to have a more permanent home base. The team had grown a bit since then, so Bruce had found himself with more and more free time to work in his lab on his various projects.

He didn't go on missions much anymore, instead working on projects such as studying the powers of various members of the team and the like. They only really used the Hulk if they absolutely needed to.

But when Nat had noticed how little he was sleeping, how unorganized his work space was, and just in general how overwhelmed he always seemed to be, she decided that he needed a lab assistant. She had brought to him the next day a pile of resumes from doctors who worked at SHIELD, and told him that any one of them would have loved to work with him. But he refused.

He wasn't going to agree to work with a SHIELD doctor. All of them would probably be more interested in studying him, and he also valued the privacy of his work, and he knew there would be none if one of Fury's lackeys was running around.

But this created another problem, because Bruce's lab assistant would be privy to all sorts of confidential information about the Avengers, and anyone allowed access to that had to be thoroughly vetted, and also willing to live in the security of the tower for the entirety of their time with Bruce, because as a civilian they couldn't risk them living where they could be easily targeted. Bruce didn't think they would ever find a viable candidate, and had all but given up.

But Natasha Romanov was nothing if not his most dedicated friend, because she didn't give up the search until she found the perfect candidate. When she had dropped Jackie's resume on his desk, she was giving him the biggest smirk. "You're gonna love me, Dr. Banner. I found the perfect candidate."

She really was, at least on paper. At age twenty-six, Dr. Jaimie Solace had a very impressive resume. She had worked as a trauma doctor, both in the field and in a hospital, had degrees in exploratory and experimental medicine, and over-all seemed like a perfect fit. She also had no problems with having to move into the tower, apparently having just moved from Seattle and was excited to not have to brave the New York rental market.

Bruce hadn't been a part of the interview process aside from his initial approval of her resume, because he trusted Natasha to do a thorough background check and he was also slightly scared meeting him would scare her off before she accepted the position. He wasn't that great with people.