Chapter Eighteen

"Oh come on, how hard is it to make a freaking rainbow!"

Jaimie was yelling. Loudly. And the team didn't really know what to do about it.

After the discovery of the imprisoned demigods, Jaimie had waited only until the scene had been secured before whipping out her demigod phone and trying to get anybody, everyone, on the line. But no one was picking up their phone.

So she found a hose. Who would have thought Hydra was into gardening?

But the hose wasn't working (well, it was, but it wasn't doing what Jaimie was wanting it to do), and the team was getting slightly worried based on the way she was glowing brighter the angrier she was getting, that she was going to burst into some kind of supernova soon, which wouldn't be good.

So they were keeping a wide berth, but Natasha in particular could tell that the light Jaimie was trying to summon to make the rainbow in question wasn't going to work. It wasn't stable enough, because Jaimie, well, she wasn't stable enough either.

And the more frustrated she got, the more yelling she did, the more the ball of light flickered and shook and did everything but create a rainbow. But then Natasha noticed the tears on Jaimie's face and realized that this was not going to happen.

"Okay," the spy whispered so that Jaimie wouldn't hear her. "We have to do something, she's gonna have a breakdown."

"Should we, uh, should we call Bruce?" Tony asked hesitantly, as in all his years of life he has still never figured out how to deal with a woman's emotions.

"What's he gonna do?" Bucky asked. "No offence to Banner, but is he really going to talk her off a ledge from the Tower?"

"She is not on a ledge," Steve snapped, "She is trying to warn her family that a highly armed group of Nazi's, or is it Neo-Nazi's now? Whatever. They are probably actively about to stakeout her home. She had a right to be freaking out. Why the hell are none of them answering their damn phones?"

Silence ensued. Perhaps it was the shock from seeing Stars and Stripes over there say the word "damn".

Surprisingly, it was Spider-Man who took charge.

"We have the kids on the jet, right? None of them are hurt too badly?"

Tony answered him. "Yeah, all the kids are alright, thank god. Or...gods."

"Right," he continued brightly. "So, we drop the mortal kids off at the hospital, notify the police, , then go to Camp and drop off the demigods and Jaimie who can warn them and stay on standby if she needs us, I guess. I mean we're barely thirty minutes away from Long Island by plane and she's been trying to contact someone from there for the past fifteen. And we've been watching her. I feel like that's not the best use of our time."

Clint sighed. "I hate it when that kid is right."

"Alright then, let's go," said Nat.

...

Camp was in chaos. That was the first thing Jaimie noticed upon walking through the border. And she was certain it had to do with the small army of armed men the team had spotted from the jet, only two miles away from Camp.

There was a bit of a welcoming party at Thalia's tree, and by party she meant a very grim looking group of her friends.

"A nymph spotted them around six hours ago, and we've been trying to figure out what we're going to do since," Percy Jackson chose to greet her. His wife Annabeth was right there beside him.