Chapter One

"A stab to the right arm, two to the left and multiple across his chest. Also, a faint mark of a heart being carved on his stomach. It's her alright." Kunikida said throwing multiple photos on the desk. Atsushi took a glance at the photos and picked them up. As he was looking through them he noticed the blood and gore. 'This person's very violent' he thought.

"And you want us to take on this case with someone like this involved?!" Atsushi stated. He held up the photos. Kunikida nodded.

"The President cannot decline. It's an old friend of his who requested the case and he owes them. Besides, there's a special mystery here. She's known as the Heart Homicider. That's only because her motives are unknown. Also, every single one of her victims seems to have a heart carved onto their body."

"This person looks.. interesting. Maybe I'll be able to commit double-suicide with her." He said, his voice turning kawaii towards the end. Kunikida restrained himself, gripping his arm firmly as to try and not punch the shit out of Dazai.

"Her name's Erika. She is not to be taken lightly. Her ability is probably the strongest I've ever heard of." He said, eyeing Dazai. Atsushi was beginning to become uneasy. This person sounded like a psychopath. He was still unsure as to why the Agency was even taking on the case. This woman seemed way out of their league. He leaned in to the table.

"What's her ability?" Atsushi inquired.

"Her ability is named 'To Steal or Not To Steal'. Not much information has been gathered on it as anyone who witnesses it, would probably be murdered. Only a few people know of it."

'Murdered?! Just for witnessing an ability?!!'

"As you could guess, she can steal other people's abilities. She can also steal characteristics or skills of people, whether their gifted or not. An ability like this is hard to come by. If used properly, she could destroy the world. I just wish that she was on the side of good." Kunikida looked down, then at his watch. "Ok I'm going to need to leave. I have an important matter to attend to. I have to speak to the President. We'll speak more when the others are back from the other assignment." And with that, Kunikida left the room. It was only Dazai and Atsushi now. Atsushi walked over to the door, attempting to leave.

"This is your hardest assignment so far." Atsushi turned around. "Don't take her lightly. Be careful, I know from experience." Atsushi stood there. 'From experience?' Atsushi pondered the thought. By the time he had looked towards Dazai, he was gone.

"Ok, what's it gonna be, the safe or your life? Eh?!" she kicked him hard in the ribs and he fell to the floor. The cracking of bones filled the room. She twirled her knife around her fingers and began to play with it. "Of course, I will kill you anyway but.." her eyes flashed red. "..maybe I'll make it a teensy-weeny bit less painful," loosening up a bit. The man looked horrified. 'She's a psychopath! What's she doing here!? She must be strong.. getting through all of my security-'

"Oh, your security? I didn't even have to use my abilities to get past them. In fact reading your mind is the first ability I've used since entering this building." She smirked. "Now, come on, I haven't got all day. The access codes or yo-"

"YOU'RE A DEMON!!!" The man shouted at her. He was starting to edge away towards his desk. He reached his desk and pressed a button. An alarm sounded around the building, signalling the remaining people in the building.

"Oh.. and I was going to give you a near-painless death if you just fessed up. You're making this very difficult for me now~." She said in a sweet voice. Then her mood changed. "It seems that you don't value your life much, do you Mr. Spectre?"

'I d-'. She had stopped fiddling with her knife. She threw it up into the air and, without touching it, sent it hurtling towards the man's chest. He barely had any time to react. His chest had been pierced in less than a few seconds. The knife went through his body and came out on the other side. Blood started to spew out of both sides, speeding up his death. It then soared towards it's owner. She reached out her hand and grabbed it. She then squeezed it. The moment she did, it disappeared.

"Don't die yet!" she said looking concerned. Let me see what you have," and she put her hands to his temples.

"Ooh.. all of this knowledge! You are a genius - aren't you?! I envy you!"

'Not really' she whispered in his ear. "The safe codes! He knew all I had to do was search your mind!!" She chuckled. The man just lay there and took it. He was defenceless. "A pity you didn't really have much I could take from you." With that she snapped her fingers. Two wolves appeared from thin air and she added "Look after my wolves for me, Kay? They're awfully hungry and have just picked up an appetite for human meat." She walked out of the office room and closed the door. Faint screams and shouts were heard from the distance.

"Now where to next?" She thought aloud. She stopped for a moment.

"Oh yeah!! The Port Mafia."