Chapter Three

Atsushi looked at Dazai.

"DAZAI-SAN!!" Atsushi shouted. "Beast Beneath the Moo-" Erika grasped the air around Atsushi's direction. Atsushi clutched at his throat, unable to breathe. "I'm not interested in you. Besides, you have a rather unfortunate ability." Erika let go of the air. She looked around and met eyes with Rampo. He was still shocked beyond belief about his findings. Erika pointed her fourth finger at the ground beneath Rampo. A portal appeared and consumed him. "My ability is the best ability there is. Nothing can beat it. At least, that's what I thought before finding out about yours. Your ability, No Longer Human. The most dangerous ability for me." She said as she handcuffed Dazai's hands. Dazai chuckled.

"These cuffs are ability proof, aren't they. You're quite smart.. or is that an ability your using?" Erika gave a death glare to Dazai but remained calm.

"I can steal skills of my opponents as well. Of course with this part of the ability a person would keep this skill as well. When I steal people's skills, their not stolen. I just create a copy of the skill and they keep the original."

"Quite the fearsome. Before your ability, you had nothing. Now you've tur-" She sent a punch flying to Dazai's face. She telekinetically pushed him over to a wall and chained his arms to the ceiling.

"Always remember that I'm the dominant force here!!" She shouted. Dazai's face which was poised down slowly looked up at her.

"Is that why I still have my ability?" Erika responded by sending another punch at him, just as hard as the first.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" She screamed.

Erika teleported from her hideout to the entrance of the Armed Detective Agency. She needed a few more hostages to raise the stakes. She was sure that Dazai valued everyone in the ADA. Dazai must have been hanging onto his ability for dear life because she couldn't seem to steal it. It was strange. This was the first time she'd had difficulty with stealing an ability.

"Do you wanna know why?" Dazai called out to her from her hideout, her ability of sonic hearing picking up the voice.

"Go on then."

"Because I'm anti-gifted." She stopped her stride mid-step. Now she understood. No Longer Human reacted differently to other abilities. It was an ability which nullifies others. So Dazai's ability couldn't get stolen. She immediately teleported back, sighing at her waste of time.

"So, what are you gonna do with me, Erika? Or should I say Miran?" It was a long time since she had heard that name. Her mind skipped back, 10 years back to be precise, when she was only 3. She could still remember the sequence of events.

"Turn on the generator. Now!" A man shouted. The woman near the switch looked anxiously at the generator. The man, sensing her hesitancy, grabbed her arm and pressed the button. A fizzle and spark of electricity came from the generator, its colour going from light blue to blood red.

"Shini! It's failed! The operation!"

"We need to leave, Jinseī. HURRY!"

"But what about our baby?!"

"She may have already awakened! Besides, it's too dangerous! We've got to leave!!" Jinseī took one last look at her daughter, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Minashigo. I really do love you. Please don't grow up hatin-" Jinseī was stopped mid-sentence by her husband pulling at her arm. He tugged and ran out with her. Minashigo, their child lay in the crib face full of tears. Although she was young, her mind had been genetically modified to the age 10. She knew exactly what was going on. A few minutes after her parents left, she heard a loud explosion. That's when it all started. Time began to slow. The explosion seemed suspended, mid-blow. She felt powerful. The handcuffs were no longer a barrier to her. She pulled her arms, breaking free of their grip. Her clothes were ragged, a sense of negligence on the parent/s side shining through. As she near exited the facility. She felt time began to speed back up again.

'No!!' the explosion resumed, her body scattering into pieces on the tiled floor.