II

The Next two months were spent getting to know Courtney. I haven't opened up much, but I found out she works for a big YouTube channel. She's taking the class as a refresher, because they're short an editor. She's been a very good friend, and has shown me a brighter side of life. I've slowly begun to smile genuinely again. It's been a while. She's picking me up in an hour, because and I quote,

'You need style chica.'

I'm waiting outside my hotel room, as she pulls up honking, making me roll my eyes and smile. I stand up a jog to the car and hop in.

"What's up chica! Ready to go shopping?"

I laugh slightly.

"Hell yeah!"

She turns up the radio and begins driving to the mall, making it there in 15 minutes. We both get out laughing and chatting about complete nonsense.

"So what store do you want to check out first?"

I looked around, I've never actually been to a mall.

"I have no idea."

She grabs my wrist and drags me to JCPenney. She heads straight for the women's clothing, pulling multiple outfits off the rack.

"Courtney.. I don't like any of these if I'm being honest."

She stops in her tracks and turns around. She looked me up and down, before returning everything to where it was.

"I think I have a better idea, follow me." 

She begins to power walk, making it hard to keep up. Soon we made it to a store called Hot topic. We walk in and I am filled with excitement.

"Now this is more my style."

I began to pick out some nice black skinny jeans and a few belts, chains and shirts. Trying them on and finally going up to purchase them. Courtney bought them for me and told me not to worry about it. I don't care though, I keep a mental tab of the price of everything so I can pay her back. We make our way back to the car and she starts heading to her place. I put all the bags down by her front door and collapsed on the couch.

"Okay Y/N, I have a surprise for you. I didn't just take you to get clothes because you don't have style."

"Ooh?"

I look up at her in confusion, searching for answers on her face.

"I got you an interview at my job. As an editor."

My eyes go wide in fear.

+"You what?"

";+ I knew it I told you ahead of time you'd back out.”

I start to process everything, trying to wrap my head around it.

"When is it?"

"In 30 minutes."

She mumbles slightly but not enough to miss what she said.

"Oh my God Courtney. A little more than thirty minutes' notice1 would've been nice."

I stood up and grabbed some clothes from the hot topic bags and got ready as fast as possible.

"You look great Y/N, you're gonna do great."

We rushed out the door and to the Smosh HQ, as she calls it. When we get there, I can't help but stare at the huge building in front of me. My nerves build in my stomach, I rush out of the car when she parked, puking in a bush. I regained my composure.

"Do you have any gum? Or a mint?"

She hands me a piece of gum and we head in. We got to the lobby and she got pulled away from me, by some frantic people looking for a replacement in a video. I sighed, guess I'll figure it out on my own. I stare at my feet and start walking to the elevator. I bumped into someone, tumbling on top of them.